Clives 52 in 2019 Thread

GarethB

Likes to peek
Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice images Clive.(y)

Dirty: The crop emphasises the 'dirt' well, and the colours and light are terrific.
Wide: I think I also prefer the first image too, I do like the buildings/activity on the left in the distance...nice contrast with the negative space of sea and sky.
As Dominic said, a narrower crop might work too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CliveH
Name
Clive
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 37 Old

The Prospect of Whitby in Wapping London.
This pub is said to be the oldest riverside pub in London, built circa 1520.
Visited by some of the world's greats, including Sinatra, Churchill, Ali, Burton and Kevin Bacon....

PSX_20191012_183244c.jpg

PSX_20191012_184547a.jpg

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hi Clive,

I like both of your shots for wide but the second one fits the theme more for me.
Nice shot for Old too. I haven't been there but feel a visit is required. Thanks for adding the shot of the reigns too. A good bit of background.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Clive,
  • Old - Nice old pub, Wapping eh? Worth a trip down there one day I feel...
    The image could do with some adjustments imo. It feels to me as if it's leaning back (perspective issue), have you tried any corrections?
    That lamp post is really doing my OCD in too ;)
  • Flower - Nice colour, lighting seems well controlled (maybe a bit blown in the background, but it doesn't detract).
    The crop doesn't feel quite right to me though, it's either too tight, or not tight enough, a couple of the petals are oddly cropped off and either they shouldn't be, or perhaps a tighter crop in so they are all cropped off would work.
    YMMV of course :)