Clives 52 in 2019 Thread Almost there!

Two great images there Clive!(y)

Spooky: Both are very definitely spooky images, and the processing suits each one respectively. I think I like the interior better - probably the symmetry and the processing, though both are really well planned and executed.
What a coincidence that you saw the same ghost inside and outside...it's like he wanted to be photographed!!:LOL:
Environmental: Spot on for the theme, and nice use of leading line with the placement of the path.

I like the indoors spooky one best. These turbines are huge when you are right next to them. I love seeing them in our countryside but other friends hate them with a vengeance. They always remind me of 'War of the Worlds'. I keep expecting them to start marching over the hills!!

Spooky - I like both, excellent idea for the theme, very spooky!

Two great images there Clive!(y)

Spooky: Both are very definitely spooky images, and the processing suits each one respectively. I think I like the interior better - probably the symmetry and the processing, though both are really well planned and executed.
What a coincidence that you saw the same ghost inside and outside...it's like he wanted to be photographed!!:LOL:
Environmental: Spot on for the theme, and nice use of leading line with the placement of the path.
I like the indoors spooky one best. These turbines are huge when you are right next to them. I love seeing them in our countryside but other friends hate them with a vengeance. They always remind me of 'War of the Worlds'. I keep expecting them to start marching over the hills!!
Spooky - I like both, excellent idea for the theme, very spooky!
Thanks All...that ghost was all over the place,
The Turbines are huge, look at the trees at the base.

Hi Clive

Must be a real spooky place, always a ghost on hand. Much prefer the Indoor version, better Tones etc.

Pete
Hi Clive,

Spooky - I think I prefer the outdoors one. I believe it's the perspective/angle of the shot that does it for me.
Environmental - Certainly fits the bill, doesn't jump out at me though. Would it have been possible to combine this with the long exposure technique and get some motion blur?
Thanks, I prefered the indoor one too, I wish I had worn a more dramatic looking coat or a big cape. The turbine I went for still as I had no tripod or nd filters with me, pity really.

Week 48 Play(ing)

The local Salvation Army band playing Christmas Carols in Portsmouth. I have a lot of time for these ladies and gentlemen as they fed me a few times when we were on all night shouts during my time with Hampshire Fire Brigade / Fire & Rescue Service back in the eighties/nineties. So if they are playing in a town near you please give generously. PSX_20191208_155952.jpg

That's a nice shot, Clive. Love his concentration and the bright shiny brass instrument. You've done well to keep all the reflections within the dynamic range. :LOL: Like the bald head guy in the far end is keeping an eye on you. :shifty: :cautious: :LOL:
Thank you Stan , I did not spot the guy in the background until I got home..

Inverted selfie there eh? Nicely done, shiny things can be hard to capture without blowing them out and I think you've done a good job there.
Thanks Tim....I have just found me thank you for pointing that out, I was using the touch screen and trying not to look too obvious.
Really nice image Clive!(y)
I've just put a crick in my neck though trying to see you in the reflections in the brass!!:LOL:
As Stan said, the bald chap is a nice little bonus!
Thanks Gareth, he is an added bonus, I have found me too!

Play

Interesting Image Clive, lots to look at (in the reflections) and they do good work for people who need it and they play well.

Pete

Is that the one that used to be the Gate Guard at Heathrow (until the sold out to advertising...)?
I think it might be, it's now at the entrance to the Brooklands museum.
An interesting perspective :)
Lucky it was not at full thrust :D It`s a cool shot too.
I think I would have been toasted.

Thank you both, I spotted it going round a roundabout, parked up in Tescos and found I could stand right below it.
Took this one from further back but did not like it so much.
IMG_20191214_093808.jpg

Great image, love the perspective on this (and did wonder how you got the shot!).

Nice idea for FAR Clive, looks a very wet and murky day. I like the view off into the distance.

Pete

That does look a bit damp! And definitely FAR. Any idea why the AA erected the sign? Is it accessible by car?

I prefer the second shot Clive.
The off centreness(sic) of the first shot doesn't work for me. Not that I blame you for not hanging around in what looks like a mucky/nasty day.
Cheers Tim it was horrible up there, I prefer the second 2, although I prefer the idea of the first but not the execution!

Reactions: LC2
Hi Clive,

That's a great shot for Playing. Great reflections and the chap looking at you is a bonus and adds to it nicely.
Below is a good shot too. I didn't know it had even moved from Heathrow.
Far - the second shot is the one for me. Nice drama in the far away sky too.

Hi Clive,

That's a great shot for Playing. Great reflections and the chap looking at you is a bonus and adds to it nicely.
Below is a good shot too. I didn't know it had even moved from Heathrow.
Far - the second shot is the one for me. Nice drama in the far away sky too.
Thanks for looking Lee. One of my favourite pictures from this year's 52 is the play one.

Back