weekly Clives TP 52 2017 Week 51 Festive

In contrast to everyone else, definitely no 2 for me. Yes is is slightly blurred by the movement of the boat, however the lights on the tower appear sharp. The mist adds an ethereal feeling to the shout and the processing is done well. The only thing of me is that it could do with a slight counter-clockwise rotation

Whole -
Does this count as a shoehorn?
Yes, yes it does.
I may have gone with a slightly deeper DoF to get the moss at the top of the 'whole' wholly in focus ;)

Structure - #2 here Clive. Technically, it's not the greatest shot in the world. but it has something about it.
I was going to have a moan about the verticals, but after having chucked a grid over it, actually it is straight - it just doesn't look it!

The second one is the better pic, good candidate for a reshoot but its blurred some camera movement maybe and it does need straightening, the first one the colour balance is off

mineral - some of the pebbles have a slight fuzz around the outside, is it sand or part of the filter/effect you used? otherwise that's a nice collection of pebbles on a nice black background. my daughter has a similar collection (but more rocks lol)
whole - glad it's not just me who struggles with the themes some weeks :) i think the image is a bit over saturated
structure - #1 for me, i like the aquatic feel to the colours, and the structure itself, it's interesting

Routine - so important to lots of people. I'm going to disagree slightly about the tablecloth, while I like it I feel that for the shot it's a bit to busy and detracts from the fruit and tablets.

Numbers - good focus and leading lines into the picture.

Routine - I agree with Steve that the table cloth is a bit too busy, but right on theme.
Numbers - That works really well, great DoF, great angle and nice contrast between the tape measure and the bricks.

I too like the Numbers shot a lot. Dof is spot on and the textures in the bricks against the smooth metal tape are good too. Nice leading line (y)

... another one liking your numbers ... for reasons mentioned above. (y)

Hey Clive
Routine - I'm with @susiejb here, loving the tablecloth and that you sem to have made sure it lined up with the table mat / coaster.
Works for me, it has a good range of both colours and tones from black to white.

Numbers - Good use of perspective and plenty of detail.
One thing I might have tried (you may have and decided you didn't like it for all I know) is to have one of the lines totally horizontal (perhaps the top of the tape measure).

Good shot of the swan, I like the water drops on his head!

I'm not sure about Attractive Clive, bloody damn scary at that range would be more my view on the matter.
The way to deal with the slight clipping of the head would be to make a statement crop into the head and claim you're Peter Hurley :)

I agree about the selective colouring not really working for me, interesting composition though

Well, I like the selective colouring in this case :)

I quite like that. Funnily enough i dont mind the selective colour.

Back