weekly Clives TP 52 2017 Week 51 Festive

Great shot for power, I like the composition and the slightly muted colours! And great shot of Arundel Castle in postcard weather conditions!

Week 12 Power

A Solar Farm in the Sussex Countryside

View attachment 99474

Im starting to really hate these eyesore's springing up everywhere.Theyre like a cancer round here. People complain about a wind turbine, but that doent cover up ten acres of grassland.....

Sorry for the rant, I tried to get a similar pic for the same theme and couldnt get a good angle.....

Im starting to really hate these eyesore's springing up everywhere.Theyre like a cancer round here. People complain about a wind turbine, but that doent cover up ten acres of grassland.....

Sorry for the rant, I tried to get a similar pic for the same theme and couldnt get a good angle.....

I agree, a waste of food acres when there are acres of roofs on public buildings and factories that should be covered in solar panels. Personally I would rather have one nuclear power station than acres of panels.

I agree, a waste of food acres when there are acres of roofs on public buildings and factories that should be covered in solar panels. Personally I would rather have one nuclear power station than acres of panels.

Amen to that !

Hi Clive,

Dark - I'm not keen on the selective colouring either, though perhaps it would have worked better is the chocoloates had some colour too? Dunno, worth trying though.
Power - On theme, but hmm, dunno. The sky is a bit nothing and I don't like the fence. Did you consider trying more of a close up / details type shot? Maybe one for the next re-shoot?
Above - I can see plenty of detail, but due to the restriction of viewing this on a 14" laptop with a max vertical of 768px I can only see part of the image at any one go, so I don't get the full effect that you're trying for.

How's it going Clive - you still keeping on in here mate :wave:
Yes Thank you!, I have been too busy working, but spent Sunday evening around Tower Bridge and London Bridge and caught up with a couple of pictures and got home early enough today to download them.
Catching up starts now!

That's an excellent find for the theme Clive, well spotted .... I doubt we'll see another like that.

Hi Clive good to see you, I like your evolve shot and a nice bit of editing, well spotted for the theme :)

Thanks, originally I was going to do a pub that had evolved into a tescos, but I liked this one.

Nice find! I find the white rectangle above the entrance a bit distracting, but all in all I like the B&W conversion of the night shot.

That's an excellent find for the theme Clive, well spotted .... I doubt we'll see another like that.
Maybe for a reshoot... I know of two more public conveniences transformed into bars.

Good find Clive. I like your take on the smoke theme .

Great idea for hold, pity your hands aren't a bit sharper, but the blurry carp works for me!
And great find for smoke! I like that little chimney on the smoking hut.

There's quite a number of bars/clubs in underground loos these days, but still, well spotted for the theme.

Smoke nicely spotted too. Looks almost too comfortable.

The carp is a brilliant job. Nice. (y)

Week 18 Large

The Shard London
The tallest building in the UK and 111th tallest in the world.
And that makes it large!
Pictures taken from the north bank of the Thames by London Bridge.

Week 18 Large.jpg

Very vivid orchids indeed, nicely framed. Not sure if your photo of the shard gains anything from being twice from more or less the same angle in that composite...

Architecture, a very nice shot Clive of All Saints Church. I quite like the angle but it does look a bit leaning, my only grip would be to clone out the tree bit LHS. Love the shadows too (y)

Thanks Dave, straight out of camera, in a hotel with only my kindle for uploading....painfully slow!

Those old bits 'n pieces against the church I like ... I'm wondering if landscape might have worked better, to include more window.

Hi Clive,

Evolved - A much better choice than Pub to Tesco, and also works on the level that when out drinking you oftne need the loo.

Hold - Afraid it doesn't work for me, feels like a snapshot rather than something you were trying or looking for.

Smoke - FunLand, Hmm, doesn't look all that fun to me. On theme, but sorry, not feeling the love.

Vivid - Much better, loving the contrast of the greens and purples

Large - Taken late in the evening? The orange lighting against London Bridge would seem to indicate it. The Shard feels a bit blue to me.

Architecture - Great church shot. Similar thoughts to Dave, it would have been nice to have the tree either less or more prominent, which may have been possible from a different angle.

Broken - Had to study the picture for a bit before I spotted that the roller was indeed broken, rather than just being rusty.
(y)

An impressive catch-up, Clive - well done :) Favourites are the different take on the Smoke theme, the beautifully vivid Orchid with lovely colours and patterns, and the second image of the Shard for Large. You certainly don't get much larger than that, and I like the way it towers above the buildings around it.

Back