weekly Clives TP 52 2017 Week 51 Festive

Nice find for broken! I like the rusty colours against the bricks. Might have benefitted from a slightly wider crop...

I like the church spire against the bright blue sky for Architecture, I do feel as if I want to straighten it though.
That roller certainly doesn't look as if it's been used lately, the upturned wheelbarrow adds interest too.

Nice find, an old, rusty and broken roller.

Those old bits 'n pieces against the church I like ... I'm wondering if landscape might have worked better, to include more window.

Hi Clive,

Evolved - A much better choice than Pub to Tesco, and also works on the level that when out drinking you oftne need the loo.

Hold - Afraid it doesn't work for me, feels like a snapshot rather than something you were trying or looking for.

Smoke - FunLand, Hmm, doesn't look all that fun to me. On theme, but sorry, not feeling the love.

Vivid - Much better, loving the contrast of the greens and purples

Large - Taken late in the evening? The orange lighting against London Bridge would seem to indicate it. The Shard feels a bit blue to me.

Architecture - Great church shot. Similar thoughts to Dave, it would have been nice to have the tree either less or more prominent, which may have been possible from a different angle.

Broken - Had to study the picture for a bit before I spotted that the roller was indeed broken, rather than just being rusty.
(y)

The spire looks great against the blue sky but I like the roller shot more - nice light on the stone and added interest with the buttercups.

An impressive catch-up, Clive - well done :) Favourites are the different take on the Smoke theme, the beautifully vivid Orchid with lovely colours and patterns, and the second image of the Shard for Large. You certainly don't get much larger than that, and I like the way it towers above the buildings around it.

Nice find for broken! I like the rusty colours against the bricks. Might have benefitted from a slightly wider crop...

Hi Clive

A nice selection of objects for broken, I do like a bit of rust on old tools, they age sooooo nicely :)

Thanks for your comments everyone, sorry I am so far behind on pics and comments....Must do better!!

Lovely old motor ... challenging light conditions.

It's a 1955 Citroën Light Fifteen.
Shocked that the current owner is selling it with a cardboard sign in the windscreen, it was last sold at a Brooklands Historics auction for £6,720 apparently.

I find the crop at the bottom may be a bit tight, you could lose some of the building and greenery behind it.
Pleased that you've taken it from a lower than standing PoV :)

Sorry Clive, but that doesn't really sell Minimalistic to me.
Also the sky's blown top left. Not for me this week, but at least you're keeping up and there is much to be said for that :)
I agree, it's not the picture I wanted, I couldn't get to where I wanted to be to get just a field, but I am so far behind it had to do.

I like the idea, even if it's not faultlessly executed!

Week 23 Progress

The first picture is looking from about a mile from the Ahornbahn looking towards the Edelhutte which is the higher building roughly centre of the picture, the smaller of the lower buildings is the cow herders hut in my agriculture photo.
The second picture is looking back the other way, the first picture was taken from the path where it comes in to the picture at the top right hand side......a long walk that must count as progress!
PSX_20170709_170244.jpg

PSX_20170709_165903.jpg

Good catch up, tiny is a good take on the theme, I'd go for the first agriculture and the first progress, the building and distant peak add a bit of extra interest I think.

Face is a cracking looking cow Clive but a tad bright on my screen, still good detail and sort of eye contact :D

Tiny is a cracking idea and image, such a small looking town from way up high, really like this one (y)

Of the Progress shots it is the first one for me as the path is the most obvious of the two, a good catch up again :)

Like the cow but horrid flies.

The first Agriculture is cool interpretation ... old building, or end of, a couple of milk churns suggesting it's a cowshed and mountainous BG ... nice.

Tiny is fantastic .... but a bit blue, a Levels adjustment would improve it.

Hi Clive

Face - Clean image, sharp and interesting to see the alpine bell.
Agriculture - Of the two, the first one for me, but the sky in both does kind of spoil it. Still, if the range is that large, there is little you can do with single images.
Tiny - Interesting blue cast that the sky has given to the distant sections of the shot. Looks ideal skiing country!
Progress - Like your take on the subject. The second of the two shots as it doesn't have blown out skies.

Meh, paragliding, where's the danger/fun in that? You know your chute has opened before you get off the ground.
Now, jumping on the other hand :) :) :)
A little on the blue side, but the chute itself looks the right tint.

Hi Clive.
Lovely colours and exposure, beer looks a bit cloudy :)
But I'm going to nag you for the converging verticals.
I would suggest at a minimum, transform the very close left hand support vertical, and the one on the right, poking in like that... well :wideyed:

Get editting young man.
(This is where you tell me you're on holiday ;) )

Last edited:
Hi Clive.
Lovely colours and exposure, beer looks a bit cloudy :)
But I'm going to nag you for the converging verticals.
I would suggest at a minimum, transform the very close left hand support vertical, and the one on the right, poking in like that... well :wideyed:

Get editting young man.
(This is where you tell me you're on holiday ;) )
Sitting in a hotel in Mayrhofen as I type this, wheat beer is always cloudy and after a few my verticals do converge!
Not found any decentvediting software for my tablet yet.
Cheers

Pleasure
I quite like this, beer, sunshine, mountains, what more could you want.
After a few of those, most things lean to the left.

Mmm Weißbier - my favourite - except I prefer the blonde version - always cloudy, and tasty. :)

Completely fits the theme, and I like the vibrant parasols contrasting against the mountain backdrop.

Week 29 Fruit

Two for this week, first an apple on the tree in a small town called Schlitters in the Zillertal Valley, Austria.
PSX_20170721_180254.jpg

Secondly a box of beautiful apricots taken in a Spar shop here.

PSX_20170721_180524.jpg

Back