weekly Clives TP 52 2017 Week 51 Festive

I have been very lapse with commenting but I am making up for it now
I like the backrounds you have chosen for hairy and smooth especially smooth they really suit their subjects.
Great choice for structure I like the night shot better same about the blur. Your numbers shot really works I like that they are the leadin line through the shot.
I like the swan shot for attractive and the selective colour in Dark. The shard is indeed large I like the further out picture better with the orange light on the buildings around.
The Orchids are indeed Vivid thats a lovely picture. An interesting group of rusty old objects for broken I rather like it, and a lovely old car for transport I like the low Pov.
Your Austria Photos remind me of a hike I did in Switzerland great mountain views and we spent time in a little mountain hut, I like the cow for Face shame about the flies.
Paragliding very graceful indeed. both fruit shots fit the theme but I like the apples shot more.

Hi Clive, another impressive catch-up! And it's a catch-up from me too after getting my thread up to date, too.

My favourites since my last visit are the lovely old red car for Transport, which is really striking due to your low and close-up perspective, the cow for Face, although I feel sorry for it with all those flies crawling on it, that fabulous landscape for Tiny with the buildings in the village below looking like toys, the light and colours and curves in Graceful, which works really well, and the apples in the first shot for Fruit. I think it's the light and contrast that I prefer in that one, although the bold colours of the apricots are also striking :clap:

Last edited:
Piece is nicely done, good job controlling all those highlights.

Hi Clive,

Vehicle - Bright and vibrant and you've managed to get the shot without people in the way (either that or you've stacked it). I feel the sky could do with a little darkening. It probably was that bright and pastel, but a little more shadow in it would balance the shot a bit.
Piece - I was going to ask about the stars, but see you've explained. Very arty :)

vehicle ... straight unobstructed shot but a bit heavy on the green.

piece ... Lensbaby stars ... what fun. :D

I do tend to agree with Stan, I think it would have been really good with the groyne nicely centred but good curve on the horizon and a good idea for the theme.

Hi Clive, you've been experimental in your last two images and it's always good to see something different. That's a very shapely and shiny piece of the Morris and I like the unusual star effect, while the fisheye effect is a great idea for Curves and certainly stands out as something different. I'll be boring and agree that I would have tried to place the groyne centrally too, but the curvature of the horizon is what the image is about and it has worked well (y)

Hi Clive, nice choice for Vehicle, well composed with the van filling the frame, lots of lovely detail on it too.

The star effect definitely adds something to your Piece, it works well.

I'm surprised we didn't see more fisheye lens shots for curve ....excellent idea. I think it would work well with about a third off the bottom.

Curve
I like it. It's a good take on the theme. That off center wall also adds.

I like this with the added (i don't mean photoshopped), contrasty shadows as well.

Two good takes on the themes, Clive. I really like the double contrast of the black and white stripes and the patches of light and shadow in the first one, and that's a good play on the title for the second. Well done for getting in so close although the image itself seems a little flat, unless the effect you were going after was desaturated? Good to see you posting again (y)

Sorry Clive, you/ewe does not do it for me this time. Might be down to the colour or the edit :)

Two good takes on the themes, Clive. I really like the double contrast of the black and white stripes and the patches of light and shadow in the first one, and that's a good play on the title for the second. Well done for getting in so close although the image itself seems a little flat, unless the effect you were going after was desaturated? Good to see you posting again (y)

Hi Clive ...that's an excellent close up for 'Ewe' but I agree the colour does seem odd, it reminds me of a setting on my phone called 'process', but it might be what you wanted ??

I agree, I tried several times to get the sky right but it seems it wanted to be radioactive.!
Thanks for you comments...only a few behind now.

Contrast is certainly bang on for the theme, well seen.
Love the processing on ewe, has a nice old colour print feel to it.
Arches seems to have a bit of green colour cast on my monitor but it's always hard photographing these things on bright days, nice details in the arches themselves though.

Contrast is certainly bang on for the theme, well seen.
Love the processing on ewe, has a nice old colour print feel to it.
Arches seems to have a bit of green colour cast on my monitor but it's always hard photographing these things on bright days, nice details in the arches themselves though.

I am still getting to grips with editing on a tablet so it's probably me!

Liking the idea of contrast though I feel light has messed up your optimum result :) - Ewe... glad you found one, I looked all last week and only got specks on a hillside :D

As above for the light, black and white seems to be so much harder than it should be in my mind!

Back