Critique Cloch Lighthouse in Scotland

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, so I'm new here but I've been photographing on and off for about 5 years. I'd say its only been the past year that I've took it seriously. Feel free to be as honest/brutal/kind as you want! Anything that catches your eye, something you'd have done differently?

The first picture is actually two images blended. The big centre wave actually knocked me and my tripod so the background was blurry but I loved the motion of the wave. I blended it with the image taken before the wave hit so both waves are the same wave, just at different times.

Thanks! :)

Cloch Lighthouse, Scotland.
IMG_8329-Edit-Edit.jpg
Cloch Lighthouse.jpg
Cloch Lighthouse 4.jpg

That first shot is all kinds of good. The wave movement really gives it an edge over the other one. What's going on in top the corner of the 1st shot though.

Last shot - nice but a whopper of a sensor spot.
Thank you! Since posting it has been pointed out about the marks. No idea how I missed them. I'm hoping it's because my polariser fell off and into the sea rather than it being a dust mark...

Thanks for your comment though!

Thank you! Since posting it has been pointed out about the marks. No idea how I missed them. I'm hoping it's because my polariser fell off and into the sea rather than it being a dust mark...

Thanks for your comment though!

I Suspect the first mark is a water droplet or something perhaps with the blend

The mark in the final is probably a dust spot - it looks big but very easily removed in post production. Other than these details these are good pictures :D

The mark in the final is probably a dust spot - it looks big but very easily removed in post production. Other than these details these are good pictures :D

Both are very likely water droplets. Second is of course smaller. They look fairly familiar to me. I am sure I would manage to clone it out in PS, perhaps sampling from the 2nd image using healing brush.

I think no1 is pretty much an exceptional capture with a few minor tweaks needed: 1) is of course that water droplet, and 2) the unnatural graduation in the sky - guessing CPL on a wide lens? - that needs to be corrected. Both should be doable.

Both are very likely water droplets. Second is of course smaller. They look fairly familiar to me. I am sure I would manage to clone it out in PS, perhaps sampling from the 2nd image using healing brush.

I think no1 is pretty much an exceptional capture with a few minor tweaks needed: 1) is of course that water droplet, and 2) the unnatural graduation in the sky - guessing CPL on a wide lens? - that needs to be corrected. Both should be doable.
I have inspected my camera! It was water marks from when the filter dropped in the sea. The salt water left nasty white marks that I thought I cleaned off at the time. I never had a good cloth at my disposal so was having to use my jumper that never done a good enough job. Cant believe I missed these marks when editing though! They stick out like a skelped bottom. Ah well, wont make that mistake again, hopefully!

Back