Closing colliery

Edit My Images
No
Ellington Colliery, the last deep mine in the North East is closing...

CRW_4541.jpg

Adrian said:
Ellington Colliery, the last deep mine in the North East is closing...

CRW_4541.jpg

Nice shot. Works as a visual allegory too, or analogy even... setting sun = end.. end of an industry that powered the industrial revolution... that made Englad what it was. Poignant stuff, and a good shot. Well done.

I see that you have managed to capture this shot and include yet again, your trademark star sunset. :) As pook has said this picture has the double meaning which adds that extra dimention. The focus is spot on, the subject clear and interesting and the sky, plain which compliments the whole image. I guess thats another one that you should be proud of sir!!

i like also, nice colour in the sky, good meaning and a nice sunset....

Thanks for the comments folks :). This shot was published as a half page (tabloid) in the Newcastle Journal a few days ago which was good, and it has some relevance to me as I went to college nearby (in Ashington) when there were still 5 deep mines within a few miles. I used to drink with trainee Mine Deputies, some of who are now being made redundant at Ellington. Maybe not such a bad thing as most of the people I've spoken to are looking forward to spending the rest of their working lives in daylight, even though they may have to travel to find work.

Back