weekly Cloudforest's 52 for 2020. Week 52 Decorate

Wow.. I love the detail in there. Looks like fabric waiting to be unfurled. Definitely #1 for me - the colour looks better on black.

There's plenty pf detail in there Pete.
Very nice.

Very nice
Thanks Allan.

No 1 for me Pete I find it stands out more form the background.
Cheers Mark.

Great lighting and detail for No 1.
Thanks Phil.

Wow.. I love the detail in there. Looks like fabric waiting to be unfurled. Definitely #1 for me - the colour looks better on black.
Thanks Helen, When I looked at it on my monitor, I was struck by how much it looked like a fabric.

Great detail in your poppy, I think the black background shows it off better.
Thanks Clive. I liked the white background in camera but much preferred the black once I processed it.

There's plenty pf detail in there Pete.
Very nice.
Cheers Chris. Much appreciated.

Love everything about the one with the black background, Pete!

Love everything about the one with the black background, Pete!
Thanks. Much appreciated.

The black background works beautifully with the feathery hairs on that plant. Really nice shot!
Cheers. I was a bit lucky in that the background was quite dark anyway and just needed a couple of processing tweaks.

Number 1 for me too. Beautiful lighting and image :clap:
Thanks Lee.

Love the look of the first shot, a good contrast of colours.
Cheers Dominic.

Hi Pete,
Looks like I missed last week's shot. Not sure how.
Initial - Like this. Lots of detail and liking the colour contrast of the orange and green. I prefer the black background version.
More Than 1 - A bit of a PABD then for this week. I wonder if it would be better against a busier background?

I think it works for the theme maybe a different placement of the chives might work.

I like the composition of the image, but the choice of the focus area doesn't quite do it. I'd agree with Tim as well and would like to see this against a darker background.

I really like your first initial shot - the black background works really well. Was it really black (card or something) or is it use of flash? I’m tempted to have a go [emoji4]

More than one - I like the composition and I’m a fan of shallow depth of field, but where they are in a line, I’d quite like to see all of them in focus. I shall look more closely at my chives! Nice colours.

Hi Pete,
Looks like I missed last week's shot. Not sure how.
Initial - Like this. Lots of detail and liking the colour contrast of the orange and green. I prefer the black background version.
More Than 1 - A bit of a PABD then for this week. I wonder if it would be better against a busier background?

Thanks Tim,
I've very much overused the macro lens for weeks now. Time for a change I reckon, although I'm going to struggle with music.

I think it works for the theme maybe a different placement of the chives might work.
Thanks Allan and I think you're right.

Nice high key image for more then 1 some lovely colours and detail.
Thanks Mark

I like the composition of the image, but the choice of the focus area doesn't quite do it. I'd agree with Tim as well and would like to see this against a darker background.
Thanks and I agree, I should have taken more time and got the focus area better.

I really like your first initial shot - the black background works really well. Was it really black (card or something) or is it use of flash? I’m tempted to have a go [emoji4]

More than one - I like the composition and I’m a fan of shallow depth of field, but where they are in a line, I’d quite like to see all of them in focus. I shall look more closely at my chives! Nice colours.
Thanks. On initial I was lucky as the foliage in the background was quite dark anyway. A few Lightroom tweaks darkened it further.
It was the colour that attracted me to the chives but I didn't spend enough time on the shot.

Lovely "old style" image Pete

That's a nice old piano. Lit well be that lamp, it really doesn't shout 800 ISO, you must have got the exposure bang on (y)
Thanks Tim. I think the camera did the hard work - I just pointed it at the Piano and hoped for the best!

Lovely "old style" image Pete
Thanks Chris.

Lovely lighting on Music it got a really nice feel to it.
Thanks Mark

Music
Good lighting, highlighting the sheet music.
Thanks Dominic. The lighting was just right from that lamp.

Another nice flaaaar :)

Very sharp on the stamen, pretty impressive outdoors at 1/10th sec exposure.
That's quite some DoF fall off considering f/11 !
Thanks Tim. It was on a tripod. I couldn't hold it steady that close even at 1/2000th.
It's a tiny geranium that measures less than 1cm across hence the DoF being shallow. I should try stacking but as the Sony doesn't do it in camera it means I have to work out how best to incrementally focus on a plant blowing in the wind.

Another nice flaaaar :)
Cheers Dave.

Suitably colouful, and nice use of DoF Pete.

Back