weekly Cloudforest's 52 for 2020. Week 52 Decorate

I'm not sure what sea creature discarded these shells.
They are limpet shells. Those things that cling to rocks and "clamp down hard at low tide.

They were probably eaten rather than discarded, but who cares. (y)

I'm not sure on those for the theme, more collected than discarded, because you've carefully arranged them.
I think if they'd been shot in a more natural environment it may have worked better.

That said, they are nicely captured and well lit with good white whites :)

Clever little shot for discarded Pete, well arranged and shot and good the shadows don`t overwhelm the shells.
Thanks Dave. I spent a while fiddling with the layout.

They are limpet shells. Those things that cling to rocks and "clamp down hard at low tide.

They were probably eaten rather than discarded, but who cares. (y)
Thanks for the id Chris. A bit of a shoehorn this week.

I'm not sure on those for the theme, more collected than discarded, because you've carefully arranged them.
I think if they'd been shot in a more natural environment it may have worked better.

That said, they are nicely captured and well lit with good white whites :)
I tend to agree Tim. I didn't want to get behind and I ran out of time to do much else.

Reactions: LC2
They are either cockle or limpet.. should have paid more attention to my marine biologist ex partner :)
Nice take on the theme and well shot.

Nice shell shot - whelks maybe?

Nice shot for discarded, collected and cleaned :)

Nice shell shot - whelks maybe?
As before Dave they are 100% Limpets. Whelks are like elongated snails ( shells)
And cockles are Bi Valve shells @HelenC

Back to the story, thats an interesting close up of the cockpit Pete :)

Eeeee I remember those flying about! Nice close crop.

As before Dave they are 100% Limpets. Whelks are like elongated snails ( shells)
And cockles are Bi Valve shells @HelenC

Back to the story, thats an interesting close up of the cockpit Pete :)
Thanks Chris.

Goes to prove I should have listened more o_O

Interesting shot and pov.. looks like its been well used too.
Thanks Helen. yes most of the exhibits at the museum had seen better days.

Eeeee I remember those flying about! Nice close crop.
Cheers Dave. I remember them too, from my younger days.

As Dave says, it's a good close crop. I suspect it's something you need due to proximity to other exhibits.
Nicely sharp and a great subject :)
Thanks Tim and yes, there was no chance of anything wider without getting too much clutter in the frame.

Discarded - nicely arranged collection and good colour

Free week - I guess the tight crop was necessary but it works.

The tight crop works as others have said I would guess it's due to the BG etc.

Nice plane close up. Nice composition the close up works well.
Thanks Clive. Yes a very cluttered background, so needed the crop.

Discarded - nicely arranged collection and good colour

Free week - I guess the tight crop was necessary but it works.
Thanks Papillon.

The tight crop works as others have said I would guess it's due to the BG etc.
Cheers Mark. Crop was necessary but I seem to be in a phase where I crop tightly or leave a lot of negative space in the pic.

Like the shot of the JP, I pass one of those on the way to work every day, and the one which does engine runs is a tad noisy! :)

I like the coulours you've captured for Wild Pete but I find the background a little distracting. My eyes are drawn to the whiite parts, that might just be me though :)

It has an abstracty feel to it. That punk flower really stands out well.

Liking the colours on the wild flower, I agree about the whites though, tend to overpower the purples. Good take on the broken theme, I think the car adds a bit colour to the image but you could clone it out, shouldn't be too difficult with the brick wall behind.

Nice stark image for broken, but I agree, I'd also clone out the car, should be easy enough being against a brick wall.
Or even just crop it out down the left side ( of image) chimney ?

Wild - nice use of DoF very vibrant.

Broken - Nice spot for the theme I agree wit cropping the car out to remove the distraction of the bright yellow.

That does look broken, but would of cropped to lose the car as my eye is drawn to that but still on theme.

Nice stark image for broken, but I agree, I'd also clone out the car, should be easy enough being against a brick wall.
Or even just crop it out down the left side ( of image) chimney ?

Wild - nice use of DoF very vibrant.
Broken - Nice spot for the theme I agree wit cropping the car out to remove the distraction of the bright yellow.

Nice spot for Broken would it have worked better losing the car and including more of the shuttered front.

Liking the colours on the wild flower, I agree about the whites though, tend to overpower the purples. Good take on the broken theme, I think the car adds a bit colour to the image but you could clone it out, shouldn't be too difficult with the brick wall behind.

Thanks all. It's good how we all see things differently. I was pleased to see the car there as I thought it added to the pic as it contrasted with the broken building. However, here is a shot of the other half of the building, with no distractions. :)

TP52 Broken(3) by Peter C, on Flickr

I like both shots for broken. It's a shame to see these buildings in that state.

Have to say I liked the contrast between the shiny new car and the dilapidated building. I assumed it was deliberate. As you say
Thanks Helen. as soon as I saw the car I knew I wanted to include it.

I like both shots for broken. It's a shame to see these buildings in that state.
Thanks Rick. I thought it would be easier to find a building in that state but it took a few days, looking as I was out and about.

Wild - reminds me of a Hawaiian shirt
Broken - I like the first one more, if you wanted to loose the care I would go for a squarer crop keeping the brick work in.

Like the use of the car, all shiny and new contrast well with the broken building.

Back