weekly Cloudforest's 52 for 2020. Week 52 Decorate

Book
I like the composition and lighting. I've been pretty rubbish at guessing the titles so far and I didn't get yours either. But did see the answer in the comments.

Book
I like the composition and lighting. I've been pretty rubbish at guessing the titles so far and I didn't get yours either. But did see the answer in the comments.
Thanks Dominic. I've not got many of the titles either.

Could do with a wash. Fits the theme, transport for a boat launcher I suspect.

That's an interesting old tractor Pete.
It looks like its past it sell by date though :D

Nice image, i'm not sure that's 'a bargain' for anyone though! :D:D

Yes David. It's Filey. I spent a lovely couple of days at Hunmanby, just down the coast, last week.

Could do with a wash. Fits the theme, transport for a boat launcher I suspect.
It is a boat launcher.
TP52 Week 11 by Peter C, on Flickr

That's an interesting old tractor Pete.
It looks like its past it sell by date though :D
I suspect it's been in and out of the sea more than a few times.

Nice image, i'm not sure that's 'a bargain' for anyone though! :D:D
Depends how much you want to pay for a working but rusty tractor.

Just needs a bit of oil and a polish it will be as good as new. Nice find for the theme.
Thanks Clive, It fitted the theme nicely as it was my last evening there as the new theme was announced.

Quick service and a coat of paint! Nicely seen.
Thanks. it has a couple of companions too.
TP52 Transport by Peter C, on Flickr

They all end up looking like that on the coast. Nice take on the theme and I love the one with the new wheel :)

Wow, I didn't think that tractor was going anywhere... I like photos of rusty things, so full marks from me! :)

Fab tractor - and it has a face :D

That looks a beast!
I think there is a better shot there though, did you consider putting the main subject on a third, rather than central and then getting the other tractor fully in hte shot, rather than cut off in the middle? Perhaps losing the front of the boat? You may only have needed to move a few feet (I can see you did try other angles).

They all end up looking like that on the coast. Nice take on the theme and I love the one with the new wheel :)
Thanks Helen. I wonder how long the new wheel will stay that colour.

Wow, I didn't think that tractor was going anywhere... I like photos of rusty things, so full marks from me! :)
Thanks Bernd. I assume it still works, unless they hitch it up to stop someone pinching the boat!

Fab tractor - and it has a face :D
Cheers Dave. Clearly the lights were superfluous.

That looks a beast!
I think there is a better shot there though, did you consider putting the main subject on a third, rather than central and then getting the other tractor fully in hte shot, rather than cut off in the middle? Perhaps losing the front of the boat? You may only have needed to move a few feet (I can see you did try other angles).
Thanks Tim and a good suggestion. I didn't really spend enough time on it.

The Tractor looks in clear distress! Great pic.
Thanks David.

That's a right old rust bucket, but it has a charm to it.
When I was a lad, most of my cars were that rusty!

Transport and fence are both great shots. I love to see old machinery like that tractor :)

Plenty of heavy textures and a gossamer thread or two in contrast to set it all off,
well spotted Pete

I like that you can see the spiders webs, nice shot

Great shot with the textures, lichen and spider's web making it special.

Book - Nicely arranged and set up I like the high key effect.

Transport - I like all of those great colours and details.

Fence - The background is nicely out of focus the diagonal rail is a nice base for the image.

As above a very well executed shot.

nice closeup, I like the texture of metal and moss, and the cob webs! Great DoF!

I always think these look like little people.
I'm glad I wasn't on my own thinking that!

The lichen makes it - good shot!
Thanks - much appreciated.

Agree the Lichen splash of colour adds to the picture
Cheers Clive.

That's a beautiful shot, Pete. Spot on focus and love the bokeh in the background. A step to the right, maybe?
Thanks Stan. The composition was determined by me avoiding cable ties on the next bit of fence.

Transport and fence are both great shots. I love to see old machinery like that tractor :)
Thanks Rick. I'm similarly attracted to machinery pics.

Very central, nice oof background, and good capture of the delicate web strands.
Thanks Tim. I luckily spotted this bit of fence as I was on my way to do something else.

Plenty of heavy textures and a gossamer thread or two in contrast to set it all off,
well spotted Pete
Thanks Chris. Since the 52 started, I'm always looking around for something I might get to fit a theme.

I like that you can see the spiders webs, nice shot
Thanks Tilly. I liked the spider threads too and there was just enough light to show them.

Nice shot for Fence Pete. The little bit of Lichen really adds to it. Nice one (y)
Cheers Lee. Much appreciated.

Great shot with the textures, lichen and spider's web making it special.
Thanks Phil. I liked the textures too.

Book - Nicely arranged and set up I like the high key effect.

Transport - I like all of those great colours and details.

Fence - The background is nicely out of focus the diagonal rail is a nice base for the image.
Thanks Mark. That's appreciated.

Good fence shot... the spider threads add to the composition.
thanks ever so much Helen.

Like this a lot. Webs and lichen finish it off a treat.
Thanks David. I liked those elements too.

As above a very well executed shot.
Cheers Roger.

nice closeup, I like the texture of metal and moss, and the cob webs! Great DoF!
Thanks Bernd. I've not shot much with the macro lens since I got it but it's going to get a lot of use in the garden over the coming weeks.

I quite like that, the shallow DoF where you see only bits of each plant sharp works quite well in this case. Nice vibrant colours too!

Back