weekly Cloudforest's 52 for 2020. Week 52 Decorate

Nice Simple image, I'm not sure about if the very shallow depth of field works, but not having an image where the depth of field manages to have the stems and leaves in focus I can't really compare.
Love the colours and very unusual.

Unusual image Pete
A pleasant change from the norm.

Nice colours and focus. I think a spray of water would have added.

A very unusual shot. Not something that most people would ever see. Nice.
Thanks Tim. I was keen to find something in the garden as there wasn't much else about.

Nice Simple image, I'm not sure about if the very shallow depth of field works, but not having an image where the depth of field manages to have the stems and leaves in focus I can't really compare.
Love the colours and very unusual.
Thanks Pete.
To be honest the ones with a smaller aperture looked a bit confused.

Unusual image Pete
A pleasant change from the norm.
Thanks Chris.

Nice colours and plenty of detail in your mini forest.
Cheers Clive.It does look a bit like a forest.

Nice colours and focus. I think a spray of water would have added.
Thanks Dominic. I never thought about water. Good idea.

Wow - beautifully unusual. An ever so slightly higher PoV with the same DoF might work as well, but it's absolutely beautiful z especially with the subtle colours.

Great shot with narrow dof adding depth to the image.
Thanks Phil. Much appreciated.

Wow - beautifully unusual. An ever so slightly higher PoV with the same DoF might work as well, but it's absolutely beautiful z especially with the subtle colours.
Thanks very much. I never thought of trying a higher PoV. Something to bear in mind next time.

Nice shot for time, I think you've got the dof just right

Great combination of lighting and composition, love the detail of face, hands and cogs. A really nice take on the theme.

Great use of DoF Pete.
I like this a lot :)

Lovely shot. Sharp where it needs to be and falling off perfectly. Excellent. The best clock image so far for me.

That's really nice, loving the details and the DoF.
The exposed mechanism is really nice to see.
Thanks Tim. The hard bit was getting some of the face and soe of the mechanism in.

Nice shot for time, I think you've got the dof just right
Thanks. I did shoot quite a few at different apertures and this seemed to work the best.

Great combination of lighting and composition, love the detail of face, hands and cogs. A really nice take on the theme.
Thanks Mark. As always I appreciate your comments.

Great use of DoF Pete.
I like this a lot :)
Cheers Chris. Many thanks.

Lovely shot. Sharp where it needs to be and falling off perfectly. Excellent. The best clock image so far for me.
Thanks Joan. That's nice of you to say so.

Really nice sharp image, full of detail(y)
Cheers Clive. Thanks for looking and commenting.

I'm a sucker for a Roman Numeral! Great detail and great composition.
Thanks David. Much appreciated.

Great shot and a great angle.
Thanks Dave. Thanks for dropping in.

Nice composition and beautiful light and colour. No a smidgeon of dust anywhere either :)

Great composition, light, colour and DoF! Nothing to criticise!

Nice one, very sharp (y) The green background makes the little hairs on the fly's body stand out even more.

Nice close-up micro shot. Sharp and spot-on focus. I've tried and failed many times attempting a similar shot.
Thanks Stan. this is the best of a quite large number of shots. The Hoverflies are very "flighty" at the oment and dont seem to settle anywhere for more than a few seconds.

Nice one, very sharp (y) The green background makes the little hairs on the fly's body stand out even more.
Thanks Bernd. Much appreciated.

Nicely done Pete, its even better on flicker (y)

Just wow. Clear as a bell. Detail and colours are superb.
Thanks David.

Very nice dof and great colour Pete. Well captured.
Thanks Helen.

Nicely done Pete, its even better on flicker (y)
Cheers Chris. It's quite a crop from the original.

Very nice, I have a few pictures of plants without the fly...where they flew off, never caught one as good as that.
Thanks Clive. I got quite of few of the plant on it's own!

Great sharpness there - very impressive on a live and moving subject!
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Back