weekly Cloudforest's 52 for 2020. Week 52 Decorate

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I've never taken part in a 52 before and am looking forward to giving it a go.

My biggest challenge will be making sure I take part every week - sometimes the camera never sees the light of day for weeks on end!
Working to a theme will also prove interesting.

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else tackles the weekly subject matter.

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

Thanks, that's much appreciated.

Just spent the last 10 minutes trying to work out the Linky thing!

Hopefully now all sorted.

Welcome Pete, and good luck with your 52! I find it is a great incentive to get the camera out regularly as well as pushing me out of my comfort zone sometimes, so it could be just what you're looking for.

This is a good image to start with - lovely colours in the sky with the added interest of the turbines and the reflections in the puddles - and you've managed to tick off the technique in your first week, too :clap:

Thanks Andrea.

I went out this afternoon and photographed a couple of churches near me (churches may feature quite a lot in my 52), with the intention of using one of those and then drove past the wind farm on the way back and realised I could tick off the silhouette. A lucky win!

It works because it breaks the rules :)
Nothing really on the thirds, but better for that. You do have an odd number of things (sun + 2 turbines) so I guess that's that rule followed ;)
I don't usually do landscapes, but I quite like this one.

Very nice.. would love to try them moving to... Nice long exposure with clouds scudding across the sky

Nice wind thingies! It's all about the one on the right for me against that fab sky.

Very nice.. would love to try them moving to... Nice long exposure with clouds scudding across the sky

Thanks Robert.

I had the thought about them moving. In typical style, the ones across the road were moving but the sun was setting behind the static ones.

It works because it breaks the rules :)
Nothing really on the thirds, but better for that. You do have an odd number of things (sun + 2 turbines) so I guess that's that rule followed ;)
I don't usually do landscapes, but I quite like this one.

Thanks Tim.

I had to let the foreground go darker than I would have liked as there was quite a bit of fly-tipped rubbish there.

Last edited:
Nice silhouette and I do like the image. The light and colour is really nice in the sky. Looking forward to your 52.

Lovely sky and great with the silhouette theme. I like the darkness at the bottom as the reflection in the puddles break it up nicely to balance the picture

Great start to your 52 challenge Pete!(y)

Excellent use of the silhouette technique, and I love the sun just bursting through the clouds on the right...very nice indeed!
Thanks Gareth,

I'm pleased to get the technique out of the way early on.

Graet shot. Agreeing with Dave @-Oy- The righthand side is where the interest lies.

Thanks Bob,

It was the right side that attracted me but I only had a 16-35mm with me, so it was a case of trying to balance the shot on the left somehow.

Off to a great start Pete (y)

I like the sky and the sun coming through the clouds the great background for a silhouette

I'm liking the silhouette and the light in the sky. I think you could have cropped a bit off of bottom or lifted the exposure a little bit in that area.

That's a great shot, loving the silhouettes and also the sky in contrast, very nice start to the 52 :)

Off to a good start - the light on the right hand side is lovely.

Great light, great that you break up the black foreground by having the reflections in the puddles!

I can't make up my mind if the photo would work better with the second wind turbine on the left cropped out. Probably not...

Nicely constructed image for Pleasure Pete lovely detail and colours (it's made me hungry and as I'm on the starve day of my 5:2 diet I can only wish ?I could have a cookie!)

Second shot I've looked at with food.. now I'm really hungry! Nice composition. I would have tried pulling out slightly as well just for comparison. You'll have to buy more cookies ;)

Hi Pete

Good first entry for your first 52, Nice sky detail and colour, nice silhouette so ticked your technique early.

Nothing wrong with the colours in your Pleasure theme, only thing missing is the crumbs

Pete

The cookies are nice on their own TBH.
Perhaps include the whole cup and lose the Milk (?) jug?

Nicely processed (y)

Interesting composition, I like it when people aren't afraid of tight cropped compositions :)
I'm intrigued by the exposure settings (ISO400, f/16, 1 sec and Flash fired). What was the thought behind that?
(I can see f/16 for the DoF, but not sure on the ISO/ShutterSpeed combined with Flash)

Back