weekly Cloudforest's 52 for 2020. Week 52 Decorate

Some really nice images (apologies for not commenting). I really like your Ability shot, such lovely brightness to it and great use of macro.

Very nice Pete, very colourful and detailed.

Stunning colour and lovely sharp detail. Definitely nature at its best.

Nice colours and a tack sharp centre of image there Pete, you certainly have the ability to shoot macro as well

Super close up,. great colours :)

Not sure where you are Pete but the south coast is the same. Nice that you got the whole church in shot and you have some bare wintery trees in the background.

It's certainly a wintery mood. And lovely church!

No snow at all here this winter (so far!) and very few frosts.
Nice image Pete, we have to work with what we are given (y)

An inch of snow further south, but that only lasted half a day, it's just been wet and windy here most of the time.

Ability - great colour, nice close up.
Winter - nice picture, the bare trees show the season

Not sure where you are Pete but the south coast is the same. Nice that you got the whole church in shot and you have some bare wintery trees in the background.
Thanks Clive. Wintery trees was all I had to work with, though if you look really closely, there are a few snowdrops by the door!

Lovely church... sky and trees do say winter to me.
Thanks Helen.

Lovely pic. The trees certainly say winter.
Cheers David.

It's certainly a wintery mood. And lovely church!
Thanks Bernd. It really is a lovely church.

Might not have any snow, but that is a beautiful shot as love all churches.
Thanks Dave. The church is one of the few built in the rign of Mary 1st and is likely built from stone from Whalley Abbey, previously destroyed on the orders of Henry VIII.

Nice image Pete, we have to work with what we are given (y)

An inch of snow further south, but that only lasted half a day, it's just been wet and windy here most of the time.
Cheers Chris. I was hoping for snow on the tops as I drove across the Pennines that morning but it had all but gone.

Ability - great colour, nice close up.
Winter - nice picture, the bare trees show the season
Thanks for commenting.

Week 10 Book & technique.

Should be a fairly easy title to guess (hopefully). I had great fun taking this pic.

TP52 Book by Peter C, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely shot. Nice reflections and composition. Looks altogether tasty!

I’ve realised I’m rubbish at guessing the books and yet I read quite a lot. I can only think of Driving over Lemons and it’s not that.

Lovely shot. Nice reflections and composition. Looks altogether tasty!

I’ve realised I’m rubbish at guessing the books and yet I read quite a lot. I can only think of Driving over Lemons and it’s not that.

Thanks and you're right -it's not "Driving Over Lemons".

There was a TV series made of the book, quite a few years ago now.

That's a cracker of a shot, great colours, DoF and lighting, those fruit look very appetising indeed!.

Nicely taken Pete, It works well.

Never heard of the book - nice pic though :)

Great photo, well composed, nicely lit and brilliant colours!

Super book shot, I like that a lot :)

Back