Clown survey (no really!)

GfK

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Hello.

Couldn't help noticing in a recent thread about a circus, that a number of people seem to have a fear/dislike of clowns. For years I thought it was just me!

So.... who else??

Depends whether they're dressed up or just normal people clowning around ... :shrug:

Either way ... no bother me ... much ... ;)

:p

Clowns don't scare me in the slightest.

As a child I was scared at a Christmas Party by a big fat guy in a white beard (Santa Claus) :wacky:
I can understand the fear of clowns - Its called "Coulrophobia" btw :geek:
Paul ;)

White faced clowns, Ronald macdonald types, Pierrot types - they all give me the creeps - no idea why, I didn't much like them before Stephen King wrote 'IT'.

Not a fear really just a shudder!!

As a child I was scared at a Christmas Party by a big fat guy in a white beard (Santa Claus) :wacky:
I can understand the fear of clowns - Its called "Coulrophobia" btw :geek:
Paul ;)

I can never understand how they make up phobia names. Why not call it "clownophobia"? I reckon there's a committee somewhere that used to make these names up randomly and now everytime someone invents a new phobia they realise the obvious name is used up.

"We need a name for fear of bats!"
"How about Batophobia?"
"Nope, we used that one when we needed a name for 'fear of standing next to tall buildings'"

Anyway, yes, clowns are evil.

Its odd, I quite like the simple Pierrot personally, and was looking to work the idea into a pic.
But put a red nose and stupid hair on it and my feelings change completely!

I dont know what it is with me, its not necessarily fear, they actually make me feel quite aggressive :LOL:

I think my own analogy of it is, that one obviously cant read the persons real expression hidden behind the hideous facade, or even their true their behaviour, and I learned at a very early age that monsters come in all forms.

Also as a kid I found the idea of clowns an insulting form of humour ... even aged 8 I preferred Dave Allen :shrug:

Dont bother me - with exception that they are usually a bit annoying ;)

Dave Allen (y)

Clowns on stilts :runaway:

This guy looks anything but normal
pennywise.jpg

I've been with worse..

no really.

White faced clowns, Ronald macdonald types, Pierrot types - they all give me the creeps - no idea why

Me too - there's just something very sinister about the little ********.

Isn't that the drain lurking clown 'Pennywise' (played by none other than Tim Curry) from Stephen King's 'IT'!!!

It is, and if I was at home I'd be shaking with fear. Luckily i have to act grown up as i'm at work.

Didn't realise it was monsignor Curry - suddenly not so threatening :cautious:

'IT' as a book was great, as a TV film it was pants!!!!

Shame! Just shows that often the imagination is so much better than the realised visualisation! (if you see what i mean!)

So often the way John.

You can never read the book then watch the film - it just doesn't work.

Occasioanly i find that reading the book after watching th efilm enhances both - but only occasionally. Fight Club is a good example of this, as is Passage to India.

Lost the clown track somehow....... Oh well. Did i mention they were evil monsters?

Don't mind clowns... it's those chinese pantomime dragons that give me the creeps!

Back