Clyde walkabout @ night

Not bad.

With the shot of the BBC/Bells bridge I think it's better to take the shot further back, at more of an angle. You've under exposed it which has given you a nice black sky and no highlights but overall it's a bit dark.

The wider shot looking down the river works well. I prefer it closer to the middle of the bridge but exposure wise it's really good and the reflection etc makes for a wonderful composition.

The shot of the Arc bridge and flats is a good exposure and whilst there are a few highlights its preferable exposure wise to the first. The top of the flats is a little close to the frame edge, a little more space would help.

To give you an idea of what I mean by the BBC/Bells bridge comment here's one of mine - going to the point where the railing bends out about 100m behind where you stood gives you a better angle and opens up the view of the science center

_DSC3129 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

With the bridge if you go further left you'll position the poles in the river in dead space without them cutting off the STV building reflection

_DSC6645 (1) by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

I have a few similar to the ones you suggested but with the Bells Bridge I really wanted the BBC Scotland logo reflection and that was pretty much the only position I could get it.

I have a few similar to the ones you suggested but with the Bells Bridge I really wanted the BBC Scotland logo reflection and that was pretty much the only position I could get it.

And very well it works too... Nice one.

Back