weekly Cobra's 2020 cataclysmic catastrophes Week 52 decorate and done!

I quite like that and can imagine its a horror movie scene.
Cheers Stan.
Although it would be a very small budget movie,the tree is less than 12 ins tall :D

if you water that well, add plant food, put it in a bigger pot and stop trimming it that will grow into a proper tree!
:LOL: Thanks for the tips Clive

And thanks for dropping by :)

Nice moist comedic shot :naughty:

Nice bit of photomangling too!

Nice shot of the bonsai tree, I used to have one when I was younger

Nice bit of photomangling too!
Pretty much SooC that one :) just a resized crop in photochop
And a slight levels adjust so I could actually see the damned tree (y)

Nice shot of the bonsai tree, I used to have one when I was younger
Thanks Tilly some of mine are a few years old now.... pretty much like me TBH ;)

Great snappers choice shot, I think it may look even better without the top of the pot in the frame.

Last edited:
Good choice to take the silhouette against a dark sky! Very atmospheric!

Good choice to take the silhouette against a dark sky! Very atmospheric!
Cheers Bernd.
It wasn't what I planned but in the absence of sun, it seemed to work OK

Wow, your Discarded image is a dark one despite the bright colours of the leaves and the can. Perfect for the theme and well laid out, but a depressing one.

It might just be me, but your Bonsai tree looks almost like a dancer leaping into the air! It's a great shape and perfect for the silhouette technique and the moody sky was ideal :clap:

Wow, your Discarded image is a dark one despite the bright colours of the leaves and the can. Perfect for the theme and well laid out, but a depressing one.
I must admit I was pleased with the result, it turned out pretty much as I envisaged :)

It might just be me, but your Bonsai tree looks almost like a dancer leaping into the air!
Of course, it's the son of Groot :D
(If you've not seen Guardians of the galaxy, your'll have no idea what I'm talking about though :D )

Thanks for the kind comments Andrea they are appreciated :)

I must admit I was pleased with the result, it turned out pretty much as I envisaged :)

Of course, it's the son of Groot :D
(If you've not seen Guardians of the galaxy, your'll have no idea what I'm talking about though :D )

Thanks for the kind comments Andrea they are appreciated :)

I have seen the films and you're right, it's the son of Groot going wild! :ROFLMAO:

Hi Chris,
I like you shot for Discarded. Quite appropriate in this day and age sadly. Well lit / controlled flash (or at least it looks like a bit of flash was used).
Nice shot of your new tree. It works perfectly for the theme and I like the treatment you have given it.

Well lit / controlled flash (or at least it looks like a bit of flash was used).
Indeed there was Lee, it was an MR-14ex ring flash on the end of a canon 100 mm macro lens.

Nice shot of your new tree. It works perfectly for the theme and I like the treatment you have given it.
Thanks again but I have to confess there was hardly any processing involved, just a slight crop to resize the image
and a tad of levels so I could actually see the damned tree.
Mother nature screwed the rest up did the rest of the processing :D

Thanks for stopping by Lee :)

Very moody.. goes with the weather we're having here too. Lovely image

Week 6 Wild

So, wild eh?
Not for those with a nervous disposition,
But this was just before I tidied up after my Wild Saturday night (y)

14.jpg

Last edited:
Well that all went smoothly, but I came down to this, this morning seems someone or something let the damned Gumtree gnomes in and
they continued!
I really need to talk to them again!

049.jpg

Two great images Chris I`d have to go for the first shot as like the whole layout of it all and the pipe vape on the RHS.
On the 2nd image :LOL:(y)
Cheers Dave (y)
2 great shots Cobra, I confess I was expecting something zoological.
Ah but as Dave @Dave70D has learned, its best not to second guess me ;)
Thanks for dropping by Clive (y)
That must've been some party gone on there? Chris.
Indeed it was Stan (y)
Chris. How come the can is up-side-down? :LOL:
When you have finished with your wine / Champagne bottle don't you turn it up side down in the ice bucket,
so the butler knows to replenish it?

Same with the Coke can, I just turn it up side down in the glass, so he knows to fetch me a clean glass and a re-fill (y)

:D

No1 for me - party for one :)

That second is spooky! I like the first photo, nicely lit, all sharp, and the black background adds to the ‘nightclub’ atmosphere. I thought on closer inspection I might find some wild cards in there [emoji4]

for me - party for one :)
You and me both :D
Cheers Dave.

I thought on closer inspection I might find some wild cards in there [emoji4]
I did think about a poker hand, or two but that would have been far too wild. Even for me :D

Thanks for the kind comments (y)

Like the composition on this one, a nice colourful image with good contrasts.

Like the composition on this one, a nice colourful image with good contrasts.
Cheers Roger, I appreciate you dropping by.

What a wild life you lead both well thought out I like #1 best

I like them both and can't really decide a preference for one or the other.

Back