weekly Cobra's 2020 cataclysmic catastrophes Week 52 decorate and done!

Lovely image of your grandads watch Chris I really like No 2 lovely detail in both but No 2 is my favourite.
Nice to see Harry is taking time to meditate and relax too.
Thanks Mark. ( I think it was just an excuse for Harry to get his head down :D )

Very nicely presented. The sepia works really well as does the DoF keeping the pocket watch in sharp focus then falling off sharply.
Thanks Tim I was going for sharp focus all the way through, but TBH it didn't quite work as expected. But I'm happy with the result.

No2 here too - nice work!
Thanks Dave

as Chris blew the highlights :D
I can do most things, but I cannot control the strength of the sun in that position. :p
Besides leaves by their nature are reflective.

Number two here as well, nice to see the mechanism clearly.
Thanks Allan
The first one for me Chris and I like the processing too.
Cheers Pete I tried to get a "proper" reflection in #1 unfortunately it wasn't to be.

and nice to see you've kept the watch for so long.
About a year you mean? :D
No intention of getting rid Stan TBH. My son'll get it eventually no doubt.

I love that buddha and how he's centrally positioned under the bonsai. Harry adds a bit of fun too. :giggle:
Cheers Stan, thanks for dropping by :)

Reactions: rpn
Old
Lovely looking watch. Good to see the workings too.
A sad back story, but he obviously wanted you to look after it and knew you'd keep it safe.

#1 of the two watch shots.. the warped reflection of the mechanism is interesting... as is the inscription.
Is Harry suffering from FOGO??

Lovely watch shot, you must cherish it. Personally like the mechanism shot myself.

Old
Lovely looking watch. Good to see the workings too.
A sad back story, but he obviously wanted you to look after it and knew you'd keep it safe.
The other grandson referenced in the story, we both knew full well, He'd sell it.
I've no idea what its worth, ( I've no intention of trying to find out either) probably not a lot in ££
But its worth a lot in sentimental value..
Thanks for stopping by Dom.

#1 of the two watch shots.. the warped reflection of the mechanism is interesting... as is the inscription.
Is Harry suffering from FOGO??
Thanks for commenting Helen. As for Harry, I asked him to "do stuff" and he just went and hid. I guess he thought I wouldn't see him there :D
Lovely watch shot, you must cherish it. Personally like the mechanism shot myself.
Thanks for your kind comments Roger, They are a appreciated.

Lovely shots for Something Old. There's just something about pocket watches isn't there. It's the first one for me with that lovely reflection.

Pocket watch is a great shot, I like that, and it reminds me I have one somewhere which was left by my dad, I must hunt that out :)

Pocket watch is a great shot, I like that, and it reminds me I have one somewhere which was left by my dad, I must hunt that out :)
Thanks Rick :)

Yep it rained quite a bit today

Rain drop on roses ...coral honeysuckle.
And more bugs hiding from the downpours

371b.jpg

And of course not wanting to he left out "he" decided to go swimming

Untitled-1.jpg

Lovely image for Liquid great reflection and detail Chris love the bright colours too.

We've had sun all day here. I'm not complaining but we probably need some rain - preferably overnight.

Love the colours in number 1 and intrigued by the image in the droplet. Harry favours backstroke?

Fab stuff - love the Minion Tryptych :D

Rain.. lucky you! We are desperate for it - a short shower (and I mean seconds, not even minutes..) is all we've had for most of the month. My garden is getting crispy.
Lovely detailed shot and interesting colour for honeysuckle.

Poor Harry.. needs waterwings!

Very good image there, I like those a lot :)
Thanks Rick.
Lovely image for Liquid great reflection and detail Chris love the bright colours too.
Cheers Mark.

We've had sun all day here. I'm not complaining but we probably need some rain - preferably overnight.
Love the colours in number 1 and intrigued by the image in the droplet. Harry favours backstroke?
The image in the droplet is just the reflection of some of the rest of the plant, part of a leaf and another "trumpet"
TBH I threw him in and he was floundering. How was I to know he couldn't swim? :D
Thanks for dropping by Bee.

Fab stuff - love the Minion Tryptych :D
Cheers Dave
Lovely colours and liquidness on the Honeysuckle.
Great triptych.
Thanks Pete
Rain.. lucky you! We are desperate for it - a short shower (and I mean seconds, not even minutes..) is all we've had for most of the month. My garden is getting crispy.
Lovely detailed shot and interesting colour for honeysuckle.
Poor Harry.. needs waterwings!
Although we have had some rain this past week, the ground is still very hard, the strong winds are drying it out not long after it falls, unfortunately.
Poor Harry is lucky I didn't hold him under TBH :D

Thanks for dropping by Helen.

Bright and vibrant and I bit of refraction too.
Poor, poor Harry, I'm starting to feel sorry for him now :hug:

Poor, poor Harry, I'm starting to feel sorry for him now :hug:
:LOL:
He brings it on himself TBH :D

Thanks for stopping by and commenting Dom.

The sepia shot of your granddad's watch is fantastic - a really really nice shot. The composition and DoF you've got on that is great.

I rather like your liquid shot as well - you almost feel sorry for the bugs in that downpour. Great timing on the droplet just about to drop.

Hope Harry enjoyed his swim!

The sepia shot of your granddad's watch is fantastic - a really really nice shot. The composition and DoF you've got on that is great.
I rather like your liquid shot as well - you almost feel sorry for the bugs in that downpour. Great timing on the droplet just about to drop.
Hope Harry enjoyed his swim!
Thanks for the kind words Alex, they are appreciated. As for Harry, I think the swimming lesson went well :D

Nicely done on both shots of the pocket watch, and the swimming minion shots look like fun to create.
Cheers Bob, yes it was fun but rather messy. I wanted to do it out side but the wet and windy weather prevented that.

Cool use of complimentary colours.
I think I prefer the triptych though, for the patterns in the water eddies.
Cheers Tim :)

Nice set. I love wee Stuart backstroke swimming style. :LOL:
Thanks for stopping by Stan (y)
Although I'm not totally sure who Stuart is?
:D

Raindrops what are they not rained here for days interesting shot of the flower I’m always amazed at the insects you find hidden away in flowers I remember when we were kids shaking the Dahlias in the garden and the earwigs falling out, come to think of it not seen an earwig for years.
i was wondering who Stuart was as well

Raindrops what are they not rained here for days interesting shot of the flower I’m always amazed at the insects you find hidden away in flowers I remember when we were kids shaking the Dahlias in the garden and the earwigs falling out, come to think of it not seen an earwig for years.
i was wondering who Stuart was as well

I have 2 Honeysuckles, growing up the same trellis, one "normal" Yellow and the red "Coral" honeysuckle.
Each year they get slaughtered by aphids, which in turn get eaten by ladybirds, their larvae, and hoverfly Larvae.
Thankfully they don't touch the Bonsai's or anything else, so the honeysuckles remain as "sacrificial" plants.
And of course allows me a bit of macro photography into the bargain :)

Thanks for stopping by Allen (y)

Week 22 household item
I'm really struggling this week ... ( who picks this crap anyway? :D )
This is my sons red tailed Boa, that he left behind when he moved out. ( thanks son :rolleyes: )
So yes she is a part of my household now.
She's about 15 years old, and was bought at little more than a hatchling, about a foot long and as thick as my thumb.
15 years later she's about 8 feet long and as thick as my upper arm.

002.jpg

I couldn't leave Harry out, now could I? :D
2 household "tools" one is a damned sight sharper than the other :D ( in all senses of the word)
6 images stacked ( deliberately this way) in Affinity

Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:
Two good shots. I like them both :)

Back