weekly Cobra's 2020 cataclysmic catastrophes Week 52 decorate and done!

Cobra

Gregory House
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Should I shouldn't I?
It been suggested that I have a crack at this one, by a few people, that I thought were friends.
Meh! you never can tell can you?

2016 was a good year a full 52 from me. In fact it was a 53 what with week 0.
The next two years were both epic fails.
Week 6 & week 9 ( respectively)

This year I will not
1) Post any manipulated images either for the purpose of a shoe or just because I can. Fell at the first hurdle
2) I will not post a gob shot. week 8 (y)
3) I will not post a shoe horn, no mat ter how bloody clever I think it is... Week 3 failure Oh well :D

Last edited:
Week 1 Local

And it wasn't until the mid '70 that anyone actually knew what went on at Bletchley park ..

BP1.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome back, Chris. I thought you would join in.
Thanks Stan. Hopefully I'll try and stay the distance this year :D

Very refreshing to see a shot from you that's not a gob shot or even the other end of an aminal. :LOL:
Its only week 1 gimme a chance :D

Cor that was handy, having a spitfire flying over Bletchley Park this week, you are so lucky Cobra.

Anyway it's nice to have you joining in, it so how much we may get away with things this year;););)

:cobra:

Pete

Cor that was handy, having a spitfire flying over Bletchley Park this week, you are so lucky Cobra.
Ah yes the luck of the Devil :D
Actually on "Fly By's" ( usual one figure of 8 ) they use my road as an outer marker The sound is something else (y)

so how much we may get away with things this year;););)
Less than last year as I'll be watching even closer :p

s, lovely image and like the frame.
Cheers Dave :)

Cracking image Chris!:clap:
Great to see you off the 'Wall of Shame' this year too!:p

I like the sepia treatment, and it's a terrific subject too.
The building is framed nicely between those two, conical bushes, and I like that you've lined up straight on the grand doorway.
Nice work Chris!(y)

Hi Cobra, amazing things happened there! I like your sepia finish too.
Its an amazing place and the history that goes with it, even if you take Turing out of the mix.
But even Alan Turing's life story was bitter sweet.
Thanks Clive (y)

Great to see you off the 'Wall of Shame' this year too!:p
I'm still top there Gareth (y)
Thanks for dropping by :)

Last edited:
Great to see you taking part again this year, Chris, and what a great location to kick off with; it's on my list to visit one day.
Thanks Andrea, and if you make it feel free to drop in for tea / coffee and cakes I'm less than 2 miles away (y)

Like the sepia to be in keeping with the image and history of it. I found the link interesting too thanks.
Thanks for dropping by Donna, yes it really is a fascinating place. (y)

Welcome Back Boss :)
I love the imagery there, of the Bletchley photo being hidden away in plain site until revealed, as a reflection of the fact that the activities at Bletchley during the war were hidden in plain site and only revealed long after the war.

The processing suits it too :)

Something a bit different there Chris. I like the sepia pp on this one.
Thanks Pete :)

Welcome Back Boss :)
:wave:

I love the imagery there, of the Bletchley photo being hidden away in plain site until revealed,
Thank you kindly Tim, It just kept "developing / evolving" if you see what I mean.
I was just going to be a straightforward image / capture / Canograph :D

Love the framing and composition of this - somewhere I really want to visit!
Cheers Alex, (y) I guess its a bit of a drive for you though ;)

Reactions: LC2
Welcome to the 52
Interesting processing, but I think it actually fits in well with the historical nature of the building.

Welcome to the 52
Interesting processing, but I think it actually fits in well with the historical nature of the building.
Cheers Dom (y)

To be honest I didn't like the framing then @LC2's reasoning made me think ah that.s clever and I did like it, now I am just confused.

2) I will not post a gob shot.
3) I will not post a shoe horn, no matter how bloody clever I think it is...

Not familiar with these photographic terms :) so can you help?

1: Other than a selfie of you pouting, what is a GOB shot?

2: It's a long time since I saw a shoe horn let alone used one to help put my shoes on and I never thought is as being clever never mind bloody clever so I'm thinking perhaps you don't mean an actual 'shoe horn'. What else would it be?

This year I will not
1) Post any manipulated images either for the purpose of a shoe or just because I can. Fell at the first hurdle
2) I will not post a gob shot.
3) I will not post a shoe horn, no matter how bloody clever I think it is...

So next week is a gob shot then :)

Great shot, nicely processed and tweaked, welcome back to the 52 :)

To be honest I didn't like the framing then @LC2's reasoning made me think ah that.s clever and I did like it, now I am just confused.
Thanks Alison and I must admit that Tim confused me too :D
TBH it didn't quite work as "I saw it" I was trying to give it a burnt look as if it had been thrown on the fire and pulled out again.

Not familiar with these photographic terms :) so can you help?
1: Other than a selfie of you pouting, what is a GOB shot?
2: It's a long time since I saw a shoe horn let alone used one to help put my shoes on and I never thought is as being clever never mind bloody clever so I'm thinking perhaps you don't mean an actual 'shoe horn'. What else would it be?
I have a knack for shoe horning in images, something that is way off theme, but with a little explanation fits right in.
Gob shot The further down the throat the better, and yes I always shoe horn in a few of those too (y)

Great shot, nicely processed and tweaked, welcome back to the 52 :)
Cheers Rick (y)

Last edited:
No gob shots?

Are you mad??

Chris I really like the processing on Local Interest love the torn photo effect and colours.

I find that picture awfully over-processed and the less is said about that plane the better. But each to their own ;)

Chris I really like the processing on Local Interest love the torn photo effect and colours.
Cheers Mark (y)
I find that picture awfully over-processed and the less is said about that plane the better. But each to their own ;)
But apart from that, you like it yes? (y)
:p

(refer back to rule one :LOL: )

A nice bit of bonkersness to kick off with :)

Back