weekly Cobra's 2020 cataclysmic catastrophes Week 52 decorate and done!

Nice idea Chris. Your thought process is super imaginative. There used to be a small colony of wallabies not far from me in the Peak District. Never got to see one though.

That is great for transport, we took our grand daughter to Sea view on the I.O.W years ago when she was about 3 and boys in mums pouch fascinated her, I have a photo somewhere of her trying to get a look in one. (you could walk through the enclosure)
:LOL: at the granddaughter comment.
This was taken at Woburn safari park, it also has a walk through bit.

Thanks for the kind comment Clive :)

A transported transporting something (someone?) Fits the theme for me
Its a double whammy, as I said in the opening description :D
And thanks :)

If you were norty years ago, you got Transport(ed) to Aussie land.
This is one of the strange creatures that you may well have encountered on your travels.
They have a unique way of transporting their off-spring.

Nice idea Chris. Your thought process is super imaginative.
Cheers Pete. I try :D

There used to be a small colony of wallabies not far from me in the Peak District. Never got to see one though.
I occasionally see a wild (Feral) one or two, on the outskirts of a wood in Bedfordshire

Week 12 fence.
I was rather at a loss this week, as my usual source of images has been closed "For awhile"
I asked my little helper, Harry, for inspiration as I had 2 or 3 idea's
Unfortunately, he was no help whatsoever and just continued to sit on the fence ...

005.jpg

I reprimanded him and he just went and fenced himself in behind the Hawthorne

014.jpg

but really like the #2 shot with the light rays and bit of flare.
Cheers Dave, that was really lucky TBH it ( the rays) appeared just as I was lining up the shot :)

Liking Fence Chris (Scaly Minister of Humour). Harry has come to your photographic rescue once again! I too like the second with the lens flare.

Nice shot, made me smile

Very nice Cobra, I think in these uncertain times we need a bit of humour, I had a vote and you are now in charge of making us all smile.
Seconded! Like the second shot very much.
Liking Fence Chris (Scaly Minister of Humour). Harry has come to your photographic rescue once again! I too like the second with the lens flare.
I'll do what I can humour wise ..Much appreciated guys (y)

And as my local zoo is now shut, I think you may see more of Harry and my Bonsai collection ...

Not sure Harry is sitting on the fence, more stuck to it, jumping up or falling down...... Shot #2 is ace.

Love it, I hope you thanked Harry as, in his de'fence' he was a help after all. I like the first one with the focus on Harry more.
GROAN :D
Thanks Donna :)

Transport - Not a shoe horn at all, great take on the theme.
Cheers Mark :)
Not sure Harry is sitting on the fence, more stuck to it, jumping up or falling down...... Shot #2 is ace.
Look under his feet he is sitting on wire not nailed or glued or screwed :D
Thanks Phil :)

haha. I think I actually prefer #2 with the flare, it has a bit more going on.
Cheers Tim, and I agree #1 was a bit boring wasn't it?

Made me smile... the flare in #2 turns him into a superstar :cool:
A legend in his own life time or so he thinks :D

Thanks for commenting Helen

Made me chuckle and works for fence.

Poor little Harry, he's get put all over the place. You'll start taking him to the zoo with you when they open again.

Poor little Harry, he's get put all over the place. You'll start taking him to the zoo with you when they open again.
Thanks Dom.
& I'm sure I can still find more ways to make him suffer (y)

Week 13 Flora

Yep that's right its Fern cotton
:coat:

Fern-cotton.jpg

I sent him out again, and this time he did better, finding some clover in among the Ferns (y)

Clover.jpg

Last edited:
I see Harry’s a bit of a thing, is he your only companion at the minute :(

Fern cottons a step to far though :runaway:

That's not flora, it's clover! But I quite like that photo!

Back