weekly Cobra's 2020 cataclysmic catastrophes Week 52 decorate and done!

Got to be the hissy shot for me Chris, nice of your son to leave her with you. Lovely colours.
Cheers Dave, she's not long shed, it always brings out her iridescent colours when she does. :)

Two good shots. I like them both :)

Thanks for dropping by Dave :)

Lovely colours in that snake. Only this morning on Twitter I saw a python bite a woman and then wrap itself around her arm and leg. Her husband had to get it off - looked very scary. I hope your Boa is better behaved. ( does this mean it wasn’t well fed?)

I’m still looking after my daughter’s goldfish 7 years on [emoji849]

I do hope Harry was careful with that knife.

Lovely colours in that snake. Only this morning on Twitter I saw a python bite a woman and then wrap itself around her arm and leg. Her husband had to get it off - looked very scary. I hope your Boa is better behaved. ( does this mean it wasn’t well fed?)
I’m still looking after my daughter’s goldfish 7 years on [emoji849]
I do hope Harry was careful with that knife.
Some species are more placid than others, Bee. Yes its possible that the snake thought it was being fed, and that's why, certainly with the larger ones,
You never use your hands to feed it. If you put your hand in, with no food, it might just strike. They are so fast, you don't see it coming!
I use one of those littler picker things just in case.
Over the years I have kept many species of snake, the worse incident that I had was when a 15 foot Indian python wrapped itself around my arm.
And I actually got friction burns as it contracted / constricted and tried to "kill" my arm.
Harry and the knife, he's ok thankfully :D
Thanks for stopping by :)

Second one for me. Loving the angle!
Thanks Joan :)

I'm not sure every, well most household would have a red-tailed Boa!
Really? I do find that strange :D

Lovely angle of Harry's tool. :LOL:
Harry is the "Tool" :D

Thanks for dropping by Stan :)

Reactions: rpn
Nice images, the snake has some fantastic colours and textures and the focus stack on the knife has worked really well.

2 great images Chris, I love the textures and tones in No 1.

The PoV of No 2 is very striking.

Nice images, the snake has some fantastic colours and textures and the focus stack on the knife has worked really well.
Cheers Jim she is rather pretty.

2 great images Chris, I love the textures and tones in No 1.
The PoV of No 2 is very striking.
Thanks Mark, I was quite pleased the way the stacking worked out TBH.

Nice colours on the snake and nice bit of DoF on the knife so either for me

Nice colours on the snake and nice bit of DoF on the knife so either for me
Cheers Allan (y)
Beautiful snake - how often do you need to feed her?
Thanks Phil, the easy answer to that is when ever she is hungry That can be a full sized rat (@ just under a Kg, pet store sourced not "work" sourced :D ) from twice a week to a full sized rat 3 or 4 months later.
I just watch her behaviour on a daily basis, its pretty easy for me to tell when she's hungry.

That's quite some pet! And the snake is a great shot too [emoji16]

I really like your knife shot (glad Harry's not trimmed anything of himself!) The stacking and reflections in the blade have worked really well.

Great colours on the Boa. I have a healthy regard for snakes having neatly tripped over a couple - not a pet I would choose, but beautiful all the same.

That's quite some pet! And the snake is a great shot too
emoji16.png
:LOL:

I really like your knife shot The stacking and reflections in the blade have worked really well.
Thanks Alex I am pleased with the result :)

I have a healthy regard for snakes having neatly tripped over a couple -
Some years back I spent a few months with a friend in SD.
One road trip to the cave hills, we were walking across a prairie, I was staring at the ground. Looking at the scrub flowers and saw several holes,
I asked my companions if they were rattler holes, before a finished speaking a young rattler flew out of a hole that someone was stepping over,
wiped the sleep out of its eyes and struck at his heel!
( it missed by about 3 inches)

Not sure I'd want a Boa as a household item.. lovely shot though. I do like Harry the Knife... very sharp image :LOL:

Not sure I'd want a Boa as a household item..
Everyone should have one (y)
I do like Harry the Knife... very sharp image
Oh groan :D
Thinking back, I should have used his twin for that. you know, Mac ...
.. Mac the knife

:coat:

Thanks for dropping by Helen

I really like the Boa shot. It's nicely framed and the colours and textures are lovely.
Nice PoV on Harry and the knife.

I really like the Boa shot. It's nicely framed and the colours and textures are lovely.
Nice PoV on Harry and the knife.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting Pete (y)

The Boa is cool, and obviously appropriate, but I really like the stacking and the way you've combined focused and unfocused areas like that.
Cheers Tim, I appreciate the feedback

Music - A wimbaway, a wimbaway, ooooo
Great intepretation, had to look up the album name for the second one!!

Colourful - It certainly is bright and full of colour, love the bug sneaking away to the left!!
The DOF looks a bit strange on bottom third middle, just looks like it would fall off differently, maybe its an optical illusion though!

Something Old - Nice details and reflection, I always wonder where the chain should go for this type of watch in a photo.
Maybe a bit more contrast to show more definition. Image 2 is good, hinged sections always pose a problem for a photo.

Liquid - You managed to catch the drop perfectly, nice contrast between the centre and the sides.

A Household Item - Both images are great, did you arrange the ground section to match or was it just luck that it was neat?
Love the stack on the knife,i use affinity but not tried stacking yet. Also a fan of minions named Stuart!!

did you arrange the ground section to match or was it just luck that it was neat?
Its compressed paper pellets, and rarely moves, even when the snake does, it seems to "lock" together.

The DOF looks a bit strange on bottom third middle, just looks like it would fall off differently, maybe its an optical illusion though!
It was a macro lens plus a 250 raynox, and shot at only a couple or so inches away. They do give a very shallow DoF when combined.

Thanks for all the comments Stuart they are appreciated :)

I like the knife more than the snake... great perspective and DoF, and I like the reflection! Big snakes are not so much my thing. :)

Good shots for liquid. Harry must like swimming as he is always wearing his goggles :)
Household is a nice shot of Snakey from an interesting PoV to show her markings. Don't let Harry near the knife! Not with his reputation for being clumsy :eek::D

Good shots for liquid. Harry must like swimming as he is always wearing his goggles :)
Household is a nice shot of Snakey from an interesting PoV to show her markings. Don't let Harry near the knife! Not with his reputation for being clumsy :eek::D
:LOL:
Thanks for dropping by Lee.

Fire ant about 3 mm long

010.jpg

I created mayhem when I lifted the paving slab

nest.jpg

As for Harry he wasn't into having his picture taken, today, and he ran. I started searching for him, in the garden, I yelled "Dinner"
It works every time he thought he was "Hidden" among the ferns...

022.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent close up of the ant you must be happy with that
Cheers Allan, Yes I'm pleased how it worked out in the end.
I won't tell you how many I binned to get those though :D

Great ant macro. I didn't think we had fire ants in the UK.
Cheers Phil, they have been arriving "here" for a good 10 years or so, usually they come in , in or on imported plants.
They are still not that common though, and I've no idea how I got them.
But I suspect as above.

Back