weekly Cobra's 2020 cataclysmic catastrophes Week 52 decorate and done!

Week 7 Broken

What an eggselent idea (I thought I'd get in first before the puns start (y) )

egg.jpg

Last edited:
Hatched a nice pic for us there :)

A nice touch with the Woodstock chirps :)

Great take on the theme. I think you might have over-egged the counting - or the hatching was overdue which might explain the mature fluffiness of the chick....;)

Yep your little chicken was 4 days overdue which explains why it looks so big and fluffy!! Well done.

What a Cracking:D idea for the broken theme Chris (y)
Cheers Dave
Hatched a nice pic for us there :)
A nice touch with the Woodstock chirps :)
Cheers Dave I had to google the Woodstock thing though :D

Great take on the theme. I think you might have over-egged the counting - or the hatching was overdue which might explain the mature fluffiness of the chick....;)
I can take for ever to get "checked out" at Tesco's sometimes Phil :D

Absolutely eggxtraordinary take on the theme....what have you started.
Cheers Clive, I just thought I'd egg a few people on :D

Hope you didn’t shell out too much on props.
Love the five bar gates on the inside of the shell.
Oh Groan, and thanks for dropping by Kell
Yep your little chicken was 4 days overdue which explains why it looks so big and fluffy!! Well done.
Well spotted Joan (y)
No yolk being that late to arrive :LOL:. Nice one.
Another groan. Thanks for dropping by Helen.

Thanks for all the puns guys, I knew I could rely on you (y)

I like that. I'd thought about doing a broken egg shell, but I would have struggled to get a chick into as well.

I always think about more complicated interpretations of the theme, this is egselent and well hatched

Wild - 2 great images for the theme Chris both well thought out and set up

Broken - Brilliant made me smile (thank you) love the markings on the inside of the shell

Maybe a tad over cooked on the front three eggs but great depth of field and a good fun shot. Not sure it will appeal to hard boiled photographers:p

Last edited:
I always think about more complicated interpretations of the theme, this is egselent and well hatched
I only posted it as bit of a yolk really Stuart :D

Wild - 2 great images for the theme Chris both well thought out and set up
Cheers Mark (y)

Broken - Brilliant made me smile (thank you) love the markings on the inside of the shell
I'm glad it raised a smile :)

Not sure it will appeal to hard boiled photographers:p
Love it or loathe it, they'll just have to crack on with it TBH Roger :D

Thanks for stopping by and for all the puns and kind comments guy's, both are much appreciated (y)

Hi Cobra sorry playing catch up, I never seem to log on enough to make sure I see everyone’s post and comment.
I loved your bonsai, I have never seen one taken like that. Perfectly suited for the silhouette theme.
I must admit when I saw your first wild photo I zoomed in to look for your usual humour, I hasten to add I was disappointed having loved your discarded theme.... then I saw your second image and bobs your uncle, fannies your Aunt, Cobra is back in the room with the skull and Ouija board. I loved the composition and the way everything is in focus and playing its part. I actually felt sorry for the chick in the Broken theme, so sad sat there waiting for some friends. Did you use a black backdrop? I think I may have to do some more experimenting, you have inspired me and for that I thank you. :)

Thanks for all your very kind comments heather, they are much appreciated :)
Did you use a black backdrop?
I pushed the tray of eggs tight up against my camera bag, and then a little levels tweak to darken it, some more .. and as you put it, Bobs yer mothers brother. (y)

I think I may have to do some more experimenting, you have inspired me and for that I thank you. :)
Excellent stuff, I'm glad I have helped in some small way (y)

I just mull the themes over for a bit, maybe check out a thesaurus, to see if there is another option, to the theme than can be exploited.
A little lateral thinking comes in handy too

Last edited:
An eggceedingly good image for broken, getting to know your thinking now, might look at a Thesaurus myself :D

An eggceedingly good image for broken, getting to know your thinking now, might look at a Thesaurus myself :D
Cheers Paul, and it never hurts to get a little edge ;)

Broken is nicely captured, I like that.

But I got there in the end, a couple of gob shots and a shoe horn all rolled into one (y)

Week 8 ability ....

52.jpg

Not totally sure what he's laughing at though ..

52-1a.jpg

Last edited:
Liking the first "ability" shot there, are you near a zoo by any chance ???? as you seem to post images of animals that I have never seen in the flesh before.

WOW, Cobra the quality of your photos are amazing. The clarity and sharpness of every follicle of hair, and dribble of saliva are awesome. I am in awe.... I was going to say Jealous, but actually I think “inspired” is a better term. :)

Liking the first "ability" shot there, are you near a zoo by any chance ???? as you seem to post images of animals that I have never seen in the flesh before.
Thanks for dropping by Paul, I have a few zoo's within an hour or so, but mostly they are taken at Whipsnade which is about 20 mins from me, and as a "ZSL fellow"
I don't pay that much / year and can go as many times as I like :)
( normal rates are rather extortionate I think.)
A family of 4 plus car will cost £100 or so!
WOW, Cobra the quality of your photos are amazing. The clarity and sharpness of every follicle of hair, and dribble of saliva are awesome. I am in awe.... I was going to say Jealous, but actually I think “inspired” is a better term. :)
Thanks for your very kind comments heather (y)

Two excellent gob shots [emoji4] I think I like the second one more as you can imagine the tiger stretching out just as we do in the morning.

It’s nice to see a good set of teeth too. The tigers here are rescue ones and most have had their teeth filed down and claws removed [emoji22]

It’s nice to see a good set of teeth too. The tigers here are rescue ones and most have had their teeth filed down and claws removed
emoji22.png
:(

These are a true pair (unrelated) Amur Tigers plus the 4 cubs were born June 2018. One unfortunately injured itself beyond repair when it was not that old.
So the "Streak" is 5 family members all un molested (y)

Two excellent gob shots
emoji4.png
Thanks Beeb's

Two excellent gob shots and can anyone doubt the ability of those teeth! Nice blurred background can I ask what aperture you took the picture at and what type of body, FF, apc or MFT?

Two excellent gob shots and can anyone doubt the ability of those teeth! Nice blurred background can I ask what aperture you took the picture at and what type of body, FF, apc or MFT?
Thanks for dropping by Roger (y)

Canon 7DII Canon ( 1.6 crop sensor) 100-400 MkII. mostly around 400mm (so f/5.6. anything Narrower and it won't shoot through the wire)
iso was up around the 2000 mark, it it was mostly a dull day.

Back