weekly Cobra's 2020 cataclysmic catastrophes Week 52 decorate and done!

There is a certain symmetry to that second image :LOL:

I wouldn't call that wolverine a shoehorn, those are definitely useful tools and look quite lethal! Nicely captured.

Yay, finally a shoe horn (#2 seems on theme though :eggplant: )
Still no real gobshots though!!!
As we'd expect from the 52master, nicely sharp and lit and you know, I didn't actually know what a Wolverine looks like (to me it would be Hugh Jackson ;) )

Well the first one is a bit of a shoe horn, but you really have nailed it. The second one..well that is one bright red tool.
Cheers Clive

Good thinking on alternative versions of tools Chris.o_O :D:D:D
:D Cheers Pete

Two very nice shots Chris, and oh so cute too, :LOL::LOL::LOL:on the second image (y)
Cute you say, yeah they are, just like over grown Ferrets ( they are both Mustalids) cute and cuddly, except this one will rip you face off if you get too close :D
Cheers Dave.

There is a certain symmetry to that second image :LOL:
I wouldn't call that wolverine a shoehorn, those are definitely useful tools and look quite lethal! Nicely captured.
:LOL: Thanks :)

is that what you call a monkey wrench
Well I wouldn't really call it a wrench, not if yo had seen what it was being used for a few minutes earlier :D
Thanks Ian.

Got a good chuckle for the second, and great pose captured in the first. Love the lateral thinking!
I'm glad it made you smile (y)

Yay, finally a shoe horn
Just easing my self back in the saddle as it were :D
(#2 seems on theme though :eggplant: )
:LOL:

Still no real gobshots though!!!
Still struggling on that, everyone is keeping it shut for some reason. :)
One day one day ...

As we'd expect from the 52master, nicely sharp and lit and you know, I didn't actually know what a Wolverine looks like (to me it would be Hugh Jackson ;) )
Cheers Tim (y)

Its surprising how many people don't actually know what they are / look like, They are large dog sized, but very squat.
Although they are not exactly common in zoo's, the only other ones that I know of are
at Cotswold wild life park ( Near Burford)

Last edited:
Nice and sharp - and the photo :)

First tool image.... deffo a lateral take on the theme, second image lol, I was wondering when someone would upload something like this, so you get the gold star for that one. Nice coloured tool, matches the snout :)

I would say they are lateral thinking rather than shoe horns, both great images.

I would say they are lateral thinking rather than shoe horns, both great images.
Thanks Alison, (y)
I suppose all shoe horns could be classed as lateral thinking, ... some more lateral than others :D

Claws are definitely tools and what that other photo is showing does also contain a tool.

Loving the start to your 52 Chris.
Your shot for local is interesting and well processed.
The shot for displeasure is fantastic. I don't thing I seen a grumpier looking cat!
Tool - your first proper Cobra style shoehorn :clap: I'm surprised you didn't sneak in a gob shot of the Mandrill ;)

Claws are definitely tools and what that other photo is showing does also contain a tool.
Yep it certainly is a mandrill :D
Thanks Dom.
I would say both of them have a good set of different tools for different purposes!
Thanks Stan (y)
Loving the start to your 52 Chris.
Your shot for local is interesting and well processed.
The shot for displeasure is fantastic. I don't thing I seen a grumpier looking cat!
Tool - your first proper Cobra style shoehorn :clap:
Thanks for all the kind comments Lee (y)

I'm surprised you didn't sneak in a gob shot of the Mandrill ;)
As the Mandrill was an aside, being an archive and all that, it would have been wrong of me wouldn't it?
But seeings you asked :D

IMG_5980.jpg

That's a super image Chris!(y)
Them's are crikey looking claws them's are!
I too didn't know what a wolverine looked like...google is no help either....just loads of pics of that swaggering Hugh Jackman fella...who really should have a shave once in a while....and a manicure!!:LOL:

As for the Mandrill's 'tool'?
Very striking, and if colour means the same in the rest of the animal kingdom, then it could well be a very dangerous tool indeed!
Could have someones eye out with that thing!!:LOL:

Should have 'NSFLM' attached though!
('Not Suitable For Lady Mandrills'):LOL:

I too didn't know what a wolverine was, and certainly sharp tools (I'm talking about the first picture of course - the 2nd may be good for a hint of red...) :oops: :$;)
mmmm, Hugh Jackson...... wandering off in thought o_O

Last edited:
pleasure - cheetahs look always a bit annoyed, but it's good that you've also taken a photo of a grumpy lion.

tools - yikes, the bright red penis! There are things I wish I hadn't seen...

Definitely a bit of a shoehorn but then I did look at my cat the other night and thought "his claws are his only tools". Good lateral thinking :)

I too didn't know what a wolverine was, and certainly sharp tools (I'm talking about the first picture of course - the 2nd may be good for a hint of red...) :oops: :$;)
mmmm, Hugh Jackson...... wandering off in thought o_O
:LOL: Thanks Donna

Great idea for Tools. Nice crisp image. Huge claws!!
Cheers Bob.
2 great images there Chris shoehorn or not.
Thanks Mark
pleasure - cheetahs look always a bit annoyed, but it's good that you've also taken a photo of a grumpy lion.
tools - yikes, the bright red penis! There are things I wish I hadn't seen...
Most of the Cheetahs at Whipsnade smile., that on never does, either that or it just snarls when it sees me :D
&Mind bleach can be bought from the TP sales area :D
Cheers Brrnd.

Definitely a bit of a shoehorn but then I did look at my cat the other night and thought "his claws are his only tools". Good lateral thinking :)
Thanks Helen I didn't want to post the "Obvious"

Blimey! And I got stacks of heat, from all angles, for my 'shoehorn'!!!! :D:D

lovely images, great colours and crisp as anything.

That's a cracking picture of a Wolverine Chris. I wouldn't fancy being on the wrong side of those claws.

That's a cracking picture of a Wolverine Chris. I wouldn't fancy being on the wrong side of those claws.
Cheers Pete, they do look formidable don't they?

My eyes were immediately drawn to this tool... it is beautifully in perspective in relation to the object it is attached too. The colours are vibrant which enhances its very being. :)

My eyes were immediately drawn to this tool... it is beautifully in perspective in relation to the object it is attached too. The colours are vibrant which enhances its very being. :)
And there was me thinking it was just a dick :D
Very poetic Heather, thanks for stopping by (y)

Well, there's a fine selection of tools! :D I agree with Bebop that there is a definite symmetry to the second image, while the claws on the Wolverine look like lethal weapons, never mind tools! A really interesting and colourful selection of images, and the Mandrill is a great bonus (y)

A really interesting and colourful selection of images, and the Mandrill is a great bonus (y)
Thanks Andrea I appreciate all the kind comments :)

Can we have a shoehorn emoji? ;) Some scary nails there!

Week 4 Discarded

What can I say? ...

004.jpg

Last edited:
Like it, was this a find or did you stage it? Got the exposure spot on.

I found it at the bottom of my garden.
I hesitate to say good find but well spotted, why oh why with all the drop in centers and sharps disposal places about you have to put up with tankers like this is beyond me.

Back