Cobra's 2021 52 Creative Calamities Week 52 showcase, done and out.

Dirty
The black and white gives it a more dark (not under exposed) feeling, fitting well with the context of the subject.
Good to see Harry back too. God only knows what mischief will he get up to this year.
Thanks Dom, "Dark" was my aim, I'm glad I accomplished it
Harry, I'm sure he'll get into one or two scrapes through the year. :D

You must have very flexible fingers and arm. I couldn't get my hand and fingers into that position - I did try :LOL: It is very nicely lit. I'm glad you didn't have to retake the shot since it was real.
Its real, as in its my arm, a real syringes and needle was used, the rest is not so real,
I laid the needle across the vein and cloned the vein over half the needle.
Fingers, I've not really thought about it TBH, but I do need to use them and wrists quite a bit,
during the day... Thanks again Bee :)

Nearby, I like the lighting and they look good against the black.
Fruit, the orange thing is odd looking, and the tiny fly has loads of detail.
Dirty, good to see dirty Harry is back! Your drug user shot, great detail, a very gritty shot.
The fruit wasn't really what I expected,/ was hoping for, but as Tim is fond of saying PABD :D
Gritty & dark was the look I was going for, glad it worked
I'm sure the little miscreant will be around from time to time :D
Thanks Clive

Dirty Harry... I lol'd... Minions are ace. The stark flash makes it look like you caught him out... Thumbsup from me :)
Cheers Ian, he'll be popping in an out through the year no doubt .

Good work Chris. Two ends of the dirty spectrum for subject matter in those images.

I have no idea what that is, and besides there are only 5 I said six stack :D
It was a program on over Christmas called the Stick Man.

Yay Harry Is back :banana:albeit a bit Dirty...

I was reaching for the Narcan at the sight of your IV usage, hope that was a clean needle and not one that was saved from your garden that featured in one of your photos last year.
Great take on the topic and I think the B&W did it justice, not sure a colour photo would have portrayed the same Dirty image.

Its real, as in its my arm, a real syringes and needle was used, the rest is not so real,
I laid the needle across the vein and cloned the vein over half the needle.
Fingers, I've not really thought about it TBH, but I do need to use them and wrists quite a bit,
during the day... Thanks again Bee :)
Very clever and convincing!

what a contrast of shots both work well for the theme, the darkness of the first suits the subject.

Yay Harry Is back :banana:albeit a bit Dirty...
Well he did spend time with my granddaughter :D

I was reaching for the Narcan at the sight of your IV usage,
You spoil me Heather :D

Great take on the topic and I think the B&W did it justice, not sure a colour photo would have portrayed the same Dirty image.
Thanks Heather (y) and no, the colour version didn't quite portray the effect I was looking for.

what a contrast of shots both work well for the theme, the darkness of the first suits the subject.
Thanks Alison. (y)

Last edited:
The biggest rock I could find locally.

003a.jpg

Goddammit Harry can't you leave anything alone?

Harry-1.jpg

M-O-O-N - that spells MOON.

One for the Stephen KIng fans :)

It's a nice shot!

Rock
Both good shots, lots of detail in the moon and a bit of fun in Harry's shot.

I must say I like the second, certainly made me smile :)
Thanks and that's always the plan :)

Ah, good to see Harry is back to play. I wouldn't call a quarter of a million miles distance is local.
Its closer than the sun, which I tried for, but couldn't get a focus lock on it :D
Cheers Stan (y)

All Hail Harry, King of the Britons.
(I didn't vote for him).
(Help Help, I'm being oppressed)
:LOL:

Good shots Chris, got to be Harry playing with his sword.
Thanks Dave (y)
It's a nice shot!
Thanks Dave (y)

Super moon shot, lots of detail in there considering how far away it is, the second one made me smile :)
Thanks Susie I'm glad it made you smile :)

Rock
Both good shots, lots of detail in the moon and a bit of fun in Harry's shot.
Thanks Dom (y)

Harry! Who's Harry! ... Well that's nicely done, well set up & lit. And I like the muted BG scenery.

. Well that's nicely done, well set up & lit. And I like the muted BG scenery.
Thanks David, (y)
I was rather pleased with the way it turned out also

Lots of nice detail and good exposure in the moon shot, i was nearly tempted to use something similar to it as my first photo in the Week 0 theme of Nearby but decided on the church shot instead.

According to Google.
Distance from Earth to Moon is 384,400 km
Distance from Earth to Mars is 168.47 million km
Distance from Earth to Sun is 147.27 million km

The Harry shot made me smile too

The moon is a great shot with loads of detail and Harry(or is he really Arthur) made me smile

Great images, what a fabtastic idea for the theme ;) :D

I'm liking the moon shot Chris - lots of detail and I hope that Harry's going to be making a regular appearance again.

Sorry for the slow replies guys :(
Other Stuff and that ...

The moon is a great shot with loads of detail and Harry(or is he really Arthur) made me smile
Thanks Alison. :)

Like both. But Harry one is very clever.
Cheers David (y)

Great detail in your "local" rock :D
I hope Harry will get treated a bit better now..?
Harry? not a chance :D
Thanks Alex (y)

Liking the moon - not successfully managed to get a good one yet myself.
Cheers Kell. (y)

Great images, what a fabtastic idea for the theme ;) :D
Thanks Jim :)

I'm liking the moon shot Chris - lots of detail and I hope that Harry's going to be making a regular appearance again.

Thanks Pete, and I'm sure he'll be sticking his oar in where its not wanted from time to time :D

Week 04 Tall

The short ( & cute) version of the tallest land mammal

G2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Chris

Tall baby G.Raffe works for me. I'm sure you will be able to shoehorn a C.Lion into one of the weeks.

Pete

Hi Chris

Tall baby G.Raffe works for me. I'm sure you will be able to shoehorn a C.Lion into one of the weeks.

Pete
:LOL: now there is a thought.
Thanks for dropping by Pete. (y)

Nice one for the theme. I see where you're coming from, even a short giraffe will be a Tall giraffe one day.

:ROFLMAO:

Like this Chris, lovely creature, particularly like the colour tones of the image, very pleasing on the eye.

I really like that. The composition is great with the lighter new skin against the weathered old skin. The expression on the little beastie is great too

Back