Cockerel C&C welcome

Edit My Images
Yes
I've only recently started shooting in full manual and here's my first attempt at a bird........

StephenValeries065a.jpg

C & C welcome ! :)

Welcome :)

It's a colourfull cockerel, but is it slightly out of focus on the front facial are, would it maybe benefit from a sharpen?

It's a big step away from auto setting to manual, but well worth it.

More interesting and satisfying :)

It's a whole different ballgame shooting in manual but it's starting to make more sense with every shot !

I thought the same about the focus point.

Is there a way of sharpening the image without PS ??

There is a free programe, called PhotoFiltre. Go to Download.com and put it in their search box.

When you have downloaded it, click on File>open and then browse same as you would when putting your photos on here.

Hover over all the things at the top and they will tell you what they're for. :)

I've had a play with it in PhotFiltre, and just by sharpening, it makes it a pretty good photo.

If you go into your profile, there should be a box you can tick that will let people know you don't mind them editing your shots, and posting the results for you to see.

Some times helpfull :)

Box ticked now ! :)

I've downloaded and had a play with photofiltre and tried to sharpen the image but I'm not sure it's made much of a difference !

I'd be interested to see what you've come up with and how you've achieved it ?

Tutorials? are they sort of like them manual things that come with the camera? Only to be used as the last resort, before things are flung at walls?

I think there may be some tutorials somewhere on the web, but it's a fairly easy programe. Because of that you can't do anything too sophisticated with it, but it is free, and one thing I'm not, is sophisicated :)

Back