Cogglesford Mill

Edit My Images
No
I took this yesterday morning and it’s sad to say but I’m quite excited by it. I know it’s not the most exciting picture but it was taken on the first walk I’ve had that’s not been around the immediate vicinity of either my house or work since lockdown started :) I think it’s definitely somewhere that will be worth a return visit in more atmospheric conditions (thinking a little autumn mist).
Thanks for looking and any constructive criticism and comments are always greatly appreciated :)

River Slea looking towards Cogglesford Mill by James, on Flickr

Lovely to experience a bit of freedom isn't it.
You are right it will look good under different lighting conditions, it was obviously very harsh light when you took it.
Not keen on the big pipe going across in front of the bridge but not much you can do about it being there ... nice area to explore different angles and different light. :)

I would shoot from a much lower angle to be honest, get more bridge in shot - be a great place when the leaves are yellow & Orange

The pipe would take all of 2 minutes to remove in PP

Nice shot by the way

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks both. I agree about the pipe but I’m not keen on removing permanent features from an image, I have actually removed a couple of temporary signs and a bright red dog waste bin but they’re both more transient features. As far as taking the shot from lower down I did also do that and to be honest I thought it was the one I’d attached :facepalm:
Take two :ROFLMAO:

Cogglesord by James, on Flickr

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated (I’m a bit of a sucker for mist though) :)

Back