Colombia 2018 part2

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
There are a lot more on my flickr page, these are all from Valle de Cauca at about 1800- 2000 meters above sea level

This is Columbiophasma taeniatum female

Stick Insect IMG_2680 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Caterpillar IMG_2603 by davholla2002, on Flickr

I see this spider a lot when I visit Colombia, I will get an id later
Spider IMG_2629 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Hopper
Leaf hopper IMG_2627 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Beetle IMG_2638 by davholla2002, on Flickr

I think this Mantid, despite its size is adult
Praying mantid IMG_2652 by davholla2002, on Flickr

I'm impressed with your one-handed photography David! Lovely detail on the last one, especially when seen over at Flickr. As you say, plenty more in the Album at Flickr. Good stuff.
Thank you, from you that is a great compliment. I like photos on my hand as it gives scale and also I know that the colours are correct as I have something to check against.
Here are a few more, a moth - I am not sure how to make moth photos more interesting.
Moth IMG_2657 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Lizard
Lizard IMG_2579 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Some colourful grasshoppers
Grasshopper IMG_2574 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Colombian beauty IMG_2584 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Two moths at once
Moths IMG_2658 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Thank you, from you that is a great compliment. I like photos on my hand as it gives scale and also I know that the colours are correct as I have something to check against.

I hadn't thought of that, especially the colours. Good thinking.

Here are a few more

More good stuff, particularly to my eye this one - a wonderful subject and a good photo of it too - all in focus and excellent clarity.

Some colourful grasshoppers
Grasshopper IMG_2574 by davholla2002, on Flickr

I hadn't thought of that, especially the colours. Good thinking.

More good stuff, particularly to my eye this one - a wonderful subject and a good photo of it too - all in focus and excellent clarity.
Thank you, I love the colourful grasshoppers there. I did't actually go to that great a place for photos. This was not good quality cloud forest but rural land near it. If I had been better organized I would have got to the good quality cloud forest but I wasn't - not a mistake I will make next time I hope.

Back