Colour Run

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Colour Run today at the NEC Birmingham. Went along to support my wife who ran in the event.
Great fun.
No prizes for guess what colour my white lens ended up. :)

IMG_4334_zpsr9mej9pf.jpg

IMG_4366_zpsokiruze5.jpg

IMG_4409_zpsl0nnu5ts.jpg

IMG_4553_zpsid0ovkni.jpg

IMG_4665_zpsonrv3pcj.jpg

IMG_4304_zpskarjsdhc.jpg

IMG_4764_zps8rnsufmv.jpg

Is your lens actually ok? :) I got put off by the horror stories ..

fun photos :)

Is your lens actually ok? :) I got put off by the horror stories ..

fun photos :)

Yeah, it's fine, and so is the camera and my clothing. Did get splashed with some paint a couple of times, but it's dry and brushes off OK. Just stand back a little and zoom in.

These look great. An exspensive lens to get dirty but then again you don't get the shots if you don't shoot.
Well done.

Gaz

That stuff is famous for getting inside lens and gumming up the works, hope yours is ok.

Lens is fine - didn't get a lot on it at all. Saw people shooting with a 400mm (now I know why) and plenty protected by plastic bags taped on around lens.

That stuff is famous for getting inside lens and gumming up the works, hope yours is ok.
Slap a UV-filter on and wrap the remainder of the camera in cling-film. Worked great for a holi-festival concert I attended once - and I was in the thick of it. Though it's a real pain in the eyes, if you are a contact lens wearer like me, as they usually ad anti-caking salts to the starch powders.

Great shots with some beautiful colour. Must have been great fun for the guys and girls to run and for you to shoot.

Read the article and the most poignant bit for me was my first thought when I saw the paint being thrown, which is "thats a lot of dust to be inhaling during a run"! Although our bodies are good at dealing with dust, I think I'd want to wear some sort of mask if entering one of those events. I'm not a H&S person at all and they look like great fun, but still, can't think that would be good to breathe in.

An underwater DSLR cover like this and a mask.. and you're set :)

Could wear a hazmat suit and make everyone running question themselves and their choice to be running in such an environment :D

here's a DIY option
http://petapixel.com/2014/06/19/diy-protect-dslr-color-festival-run-just-15-bucks/
Hamza suit sounds like what I'd want to be wearing when running! I think I'd still want to use the camera though as I can imagine some incredible shots could be taken of the colours.

Back