Colour

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
In May we started an extension - extension of lounge into home cinema/living room, two dormer extensions on a couple of bedrooms, plus an extra bedroom and shower-room upstairs. There's been a lot of ups and downs, mostly downs - the project has long overshot, and I've been let down by some people time and time again. However we're getting there! Today Louise was feeling pretty low, but we went and bought the paint she wanted and got to work on the dining room, feels good to take control.

Haven't done a lot of photography lately due to work on the house and general low mood

if anyone wants to see progress I've kept a blog https://cookhousestory.wordpress.com/

Anyway, the image which I was pretty happy with

Colour by dancook1982, on Flickr

Project and a half, Dan. I admire your dedication and wallet as we live the other side of Woking and people want £8k for. 2m x 2.5m bathroom refurb :(

I guess she's painting every point she can reach from the ladder before moving it...reasonable approach I guess. I just had my 10' x 20' deck replaced. The original was made using Chanule, a resistant wood but rotting out after 14 years. New one was constructed with immunized lumber by expert carpenters. Entire project, all materials and labor (including tearing down old deck) came to about $2900.00 US.

Project and a half, Dan. I admire your dedication and wallet as we live the other side of Woking and people want £8k for. 2m x 2.5m bathroom refurb :(

Are you already supplying the suite? Or they doing it all in one fit and supply?

We picked out our suite from bathstore for £2k after all their discounts

Floor and walls tiled, £230 for tiles £25 per Sq metre fitted. Rest of fitting was part of big sum which covered whole project.

But it's not like a refurb requires lots of new plumbing?

I guess she's painting every point she can reach from the ladder before moving it...reasonable approach I guess.

She has limited floor protection :) also she's doing geometric shapes with taped lines she may not paint the entire room in a single colour, see how it goes.

Are you already supplying the suite? Or they doing it all in one fit and supply?

We picked out our suite from bathstore for £2k after all their discounts

Floor and walls tiled, £230 for tiles £25 per Sq metre fitted. Rest of fitting was part of big sum which covered whole project.

But it's not like a refurb requires lots of new plumbing?

That’s everything. Removing shower cubicle, replacing with bath and overhead shower. New sink and loo, tiling, UF heating. Repositioning of soil pipe from inside ( boxed in ) to outside

Maybe these things are more expensive than I thought. Anyway...best save some more

Seeing the first few pictures reminds me of when I was an apprentice electrician.The number of places we did looked just like those photos with buiding stuff lying about.Great times thanks for the memory

That’s everything. Removing shower cubicle, replacing with bath and overhead shower. New sink and loo, tiling, UF heating. Repositioning of soil pipe from inside ( boxed in ) to outside

Maybe these things are more expensive than I thought. Anyway...best save some more
In my experience it depends on where you live, Surrey - you are obviously well off according to builders etc. :)
Matt

Still to be finished, mirror to come above basin and glass around shower.

£2100 for the suite
£230 for the tiles
£25 per sq metre tile fitting

Don't know the amount for the bathroom fitting.

Back