Yes
Last edited:

Great characters and punchy colours but
your work could have been served better
with a larger light source.

Great characters and punchy colours but
your work could have been served better
with a larger light source.
Hi thanks for the reply, I practised using a lens at 24mm, I some how managed to leave this lens at home but had my 50mm. I felt that I was too far away from the subjects but wanted to get as much of them as I could in the frame but then I guess I lost some of the light by standing too far back.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Camera is a Nikon d610. Flash is a nikon sb600 which I used off camera. No diffuser as I managed to leave this at home along with the wide lens. Every other tog with a dslr camera had some sort of reflector/diffuser.

Thanks for the reply. Camera is a Nikon d610. Flash is a nikon sb600 which I used off camera. No diffuser as I managed to leave this at home along with the wide lens. Every other tog with a dslr camera had some sort of reflector/diffuser.

Thanks. I saw the Capri Sun girl while I was there, but never did manage to ask for the story behind her costume!

When you say off-camera, hand-held in your other hand, or used on a bracket?

Hand held. Could have done with an extention pole or similar as I was stood a bit too far away. I would have liked the light to be a bit more from the side. The shot of the capri sun girl was done just before the masquerade and I didn't have time to ask her about the costume.

Back