Common blue.

That's a really nice clean capture I'd be happy if that was all I was finding, I'm off to the Somerset levels tomorrow and hope I won't need an Ark ! So hopefully I'll get some of these and others posted up later in the week

I like this, that bg is really nice and helps the subject stand out, I'm surprised that's all your finding atm as I'm on a Facebook group and I see people finding many other types of butterflies.
Maybe you need to change your hunting ground.

That's a really nice shot Poach, great detail lovely clean background and spot on exposure.(y)

George.

Another great one, I never tire of looking at them! Must say I've seen a fair few varieties flutter over my back garden recently, not that they stick around long enough for me to try getting a shot of. I think next door-but-one has some particularly attractive flowers, so they don't stop at mine. I think a black ops sabotage mission may be in order!

Really nice as Tim says you can't have too many pictures of butterflies especially one as good as this

Another well taken shot.Things have been very poor on the butterfly/dragonfly numbers this year and you have just got to take whats available.

Another well taken shot.Things have been very poor on the butterfly/dragonfly numbers this year and you have just got to take whats available.

Thank you for your comment, there should be 28 species of butterfly where I go but this year I have`nt seen half that number, this year has been a bad year.

Back