Common Lizard

Thanks gents

Really good detail and a nice light angle has given you that all important catchlight in the eye with a lovely head angle.

I don't know if it was possible with the location, but if you could have moved a little ti your left you might have been able to avoid the orange blob on the foreground rock.

You could always just de-saturate the colours on the orang blob leaving the rest of the shot the same using a saturation adjustment layer and only targeting the blob.

It improves the shot in my eyes as it keeps focus on the subject, which in itself is lovely.

Mike

Really good detail and a nice light angle has given you that all important catchlight in the eye with a lovely head angle.

I don't know if it was possible with the location, but if you could have moved a little ti your left you might have been able to avoid the orange blob on the foreground rock.

You could always just de-saturate the colours on the orang blob leaving the rest of the shot the same using a saturation adjustment layer and only targeting the blob.

It improves the shot in my eyes as it keeps focus on the subject, which in itself is lovely.

Mike
Thanks Mike,
I really don't do much pp and shoot what I see in jpeg.
I usually just post in 'What birds have you seen today' but thanks for the advice.

Thanks Mike,
I really don't do much pp and shoot what I see in jpeg.
I usually just post in 'What birds have you seen today' but thanks for the advice.

No problem with shooting jpeg Tom, but IMHO, for wildlife with no quick turnaround times required, you're leaving a lot of final image quality untouched. Learning to shoot and process RAWs isn't that difficult - there are several people over i the bird critiques section who have quickly grasped the workflow and are producing much higher quality shots as a result.

Maybe try putting more up for crit, its the best way of improving

Mike

Back