Common sandpiper

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken today on a South Pennine reservoir, its one of the first Common sands back to breed.

Not a fan of the high pov but not a lot else I could do, it was on the dam wall.

D500, 500pf, 1.4 tele, 1/1250, f8, ISO 800 @700mm handheld

All C&C welcome, thanks for looking

Com-sand 2.jpg

Com-sand 1.jpg

Com-sand 3.jpg

Great shots, the 2nd one is the pick of them for me.Nice one.

Very nice, Phil - plenty of detail in those feathers and a sharp eye as well. Lovely close-up shots :)

Russa

Thanks Russ, I nearly removed the tele before taking these, light wasn't great so was happy enough with the detail, cheers

Last edited:
As you said Phil, light wasn't great but it's a good set of a lovely bird. I know you'd have liked to have had a lower POV but we take what we can sometimes :)

Been debating whether to get one of these lenses for a while now. I imagine you highly recommend it?

As you said Phil, light wasn't great but it's a good set of a lovely bird. I know you'd have liked to have had a lower POV but we take what we can sometimes

Been debating whether to get one of these lenses for a while now. I imagine you highly recommend it?

Hiya Wez, yes, I'm happy enough with the lens and I'm having good results with the convertor which was one thing I had doubts about.

I think my biggest problem will always be, I was too happy with the Sigma 150-600 for £750, IQ with the 500pf is certainly better sooc but not 4x like its price.

Why did I swapped?, nothing more than GAS :rolleyes:, something we all suffer from at times :LOL:.......cheers

super set Phil

Back