Common Snipe display

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Snipe-web-MG2427-1024-3.jpg

A male Common Snipe strutting his stuff to a female that is just out of shot to the right, she caused me a bit of a headache when trying compose the shot, as each time I tried to position
the male to the left to try and get the best composition she would just creep into the right of frame.

7D, 500f4LIS + 1.4TC ( 98% of Full Frame )

Thanks for the feedback on the Greenfinch and thanks for looking.

Andy...

Been trying for weeks to get a clean shot of one and you're moaning about two! :D
Love the display pose, well taken on that wall again ... when I see them they are usually asleep with beak under wing!

That's a beautiful shot, such a nice smooth background and the bird is wonderfully sharp, great separation from the bg!

View attachment 55677

A male Common Snipe strutting his stuff to a female that is just out of shot to the right, she caused me a bit of a headache when trying compose the shot, as each time I tried to position
the male to the left to try and get the best composition she would just creep into the right of frame.

7D, 500f4LIS + 1.4TC ( 98% of Full Frame )

Thanks for the feedback on the Greenfinch and thanks for looking.

Andy...
That's a fantastic composition, really great light as well. It's nice to see a water out of the water for a change and you really have captured a great image here, well done!

Thanks very much, Mark...it's probably the most productive wall in North Yorkshire ;)

Great shot, I tried to get a few today, just gave up so how you got that is beyond me, well done.

so how you got that is beyond me, well done.

Thanks Pete...just time and patience and knowing when to back off so I don't spook them.

Other than the above, as with all wildlife photography it's all down to luck.

Back