Common Snipe

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Hi to all,

It has been a while since I last picked up the camera, and to be honest I miss it terribly, but hopefully I'll be getting back out in the wilds pretty soon.

So I'll be posting some shots from days gone by, some of you may recognise some of my images as I was very active on other Wildlife Photography Forums, so apologies to those who have already seen them.

I'll start with what is probably my favourite bird, the Common Snipe...

Common-Snipe-web-MG7164-102 by Andy Shepherd, on Flickr

Common-Snipe-web-MG7193-102 by Andy Shepherd, on Flickr

Common-Snipe-web-MG7180-102 by Andy Shepherd, on Flickr

Common-Snipe-web-MG6814-102 by Andy Shepherd, on Flickr

Common-Snipe-web-MG6841-102 by Andy Shepherd, on Flickr

All shots are between 100% and 95% of Full Frame and shot with the Canon 7D/1D3 and 500f4LS+1.4TC

Thanks for looking

Good set, I've not seen Snipe up out of the undergrowth like this so very appealing :)

Well done, good to see you have got you're MOJO back...favourite birds is always interesting...
and its great to have one..
lovely looking photos

well taken and good to see ........ I just feel that the bird and particularly the edges have been sharpened a little too much

but that's not taking anything away for the quality of the images

Thanks for the feedback, it's very much appreciated :)

Re the sharpening, it has always been one of my let downs when it comes to processing. I either do too much or not enough and it's one thing I hope to improve on by using the forum.

A lovey set of images with such clean backgrounds really looking forward to more of your images

Last edited:
Andy beautiful shots particularly like the beak open,love the upward bill curve.

Bill, i'm trying to learn,nowhere near where Andy is!! Can you explain for me what you can see regarding the sharpning,please. Andy I hope you don't mind me asking on your thread ,we might both learn something
Andy thanks for sharing mate stunning little birds beatifully captured

Stu

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it is much appreciated.

Andy beautiful shots particularly like the beak open,love the upward bill curve.

Bill, i'm trying to learn,nowhere near where Andy is!! Can you explain for me what you can see regarding the sharpning,please. Andy I hope you don't mind me asking on your thread ,we might both learn something.

Stu

No problem, Stu...always willing to take on-board the offered advice.

Last edited:
Back