Completely wild and free Little Owls getting in the Wimbledon spirit * (new pics added)

flossyplops

Read my username twice. Don't get it wrong.
Name
Heidi
Edit My Images
Yes
Same owls as the skateboarding ones but thought we'd do something in the news now.....

_MG_2405f%20-%20Copy.jpg

2. Ball boy

_MG_2402%20-%20Copy.jpg

3. Ball boys

_MG_2359%20-%20Copy.jpg

_MG_2282%20-%20Copy.jpg

_MG_2272%20-%20Copy.jpg

Thanks they are good fun :)

Thanks Jerry, they are wild, they nest in the same place on our farm every year and always hang around the same area while they have young. It doesn't matter what I put out they will perch on it especially their four curious little ones :)

Thanks Jerry, they are wild, they nest in the same place on our farm every year and always hang around the same area while they have young. It doesn't matter what I put out they will perch on it especially their four curious little ones :)

Plenty of potential there for interesting shots, then!

Good to see you back Heidi ,only a handful of young at the moment from my three sites ,just got pics of the owlets yesterday,will post at some point next week.....

Need to put them on some cricket stumps then
you would have a lovely catchphrase Owlzat inside of howzat :D

Thanks for the comments,

Digisatman- I shall be working on your suggestion this afternoon :)

Phillip - Thank you, photography doesn't always have to be serious :),

Jason - Any suggestions?

Jerry- you're right, everywhere I go im now looking for interesting props

Here's a link to the post of the same sort of thing that I did with some wild mice that lived in our shed

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/drink-driving-mice.402033/#post-4593891

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/moped-mice.399666/#post-4580580

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/more-mice-fun.396932/

Last edited:
Brilliant!

Surely the little chaps visited Silverstone at the weekend? ;)

Thanks for the comments, I had all four youngsters in my view yesterday but they never all come together for a pic, I've got multiples of 1, 2 and 3 but not the 4th yet.

I guess that was one of your pictures in the East Anglian Daily Times today.

Is it? I need to buy a paper then :) just seen it, (in laws had yesterday's paper) what have they done to my pic :(

Last edited:
Half the pic is missing, I wish they hadn't bothered!!! grrrrr

Yep - some of the best and attractive shots that I have ever seen

Very unusual

Certainly publishing subject quality and I am sure quite a few publications would like them

Wow thanks for the comments :) I'll miss these when they go, only three about now so don't know what happened to number 4 :/

Some more from this weekend. The youngsters are getting less and less interested so I guess will be off very soon, I have another couple of bottles to hopefully get them on this evening. I've stuck little disks of sandpaper to the bottle lids as they find them a bit slippery.

_MG_3987%20-%20Copy.jpg

_MG_4008%20-%20Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: xmh
Thank you everyone, they've been an absolute pleasure to be with [emoji3]

Back