Contents of Derelict Farm Outbuilding

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Spotted this today in an out of the way location. Was an outbuilding attached to a derelict farm. Just like the way the scene presented itself.

IMG_1410.jpg

I like it…
but you could have performed magic

with a take like that Arian!

I like it…
but you could have performed magic

with a take like that Arian!

Couldn't hang around - only had the iPhone camera and had an appointment with the abyss on the moor above the farm:

Shaft.jpg

Sorry, I meant in PP! ;)
Ran it through Nik Software for contrast/colour adjustment but like I say it was via iPhone6. My 1st point of development is usually DXO Optics Pro which does a great job in lens correction and a lot of other stuff. Got some other shots of the rope access shaft pics using a high end Canon with pro lens but not even had chance to look at these from today yet.

My 'artistic take' was the posted pic - as it was a very random observation on the way to a location. What do you mean by 'magic artistically?

What do you mean by 'magic artistically?

Ok Adrian, I'll give you a hint…

A picture like this one is basically populated by
textures and colours. In many cases, textures
are playing together to please the eye… but not
so the colours. When, like here, colours are not
an asset for the image, treat them as tones you
are free to play with in what could possibly be a
cool conversion where artistry is expressed in a
very simple way.

May I suggest…

Derelcit%20farm%20Outbuilding.jpg

'Fraid I disagree with Kodiak on this one. B/w comes into its own when structures and textures are the most interesting features of an image. But your original image if full of delicious washed-out colours which, to my mind, all work well together. I would prefer to leave it in colour. And the b/w version tends to remove the sense of the three dimensions, which is a shame. The sepia version is the worst however: steeping it knee-deep in nostalgia. Very hackneyed!

Back