Continous Ink Supply Problems - haven't used for a couple of years?

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Have got my Epson 2100 out to use after a couple of years inactive. The continuous ink supply was still attached with plenty of ink. There's a few problems and I wondered if there's some simple maintenance I can do to get it working? So far I've cleaned the heads several times, run the 'Print Head Alignment' utility, and printed a couple of images via PS. Results: Nozzle check results in a good pattern except for the first two colours. Nothing printed during 'Print Head Alignment'. A4 image printed in 1cm broad stripes.

Thanks

Last edited:
Surely if nozzle check pattern has 2 missing colours the head for those 2 is still not clear....or the ink is not flowing for another reason???

PS all other test 'prints' will rely on all colours printing to illustrate they are misaligned or whatever else ails the printer!?

two years is a heck of a long time to leave an Epson printer head un-used, the ink could be hard as rock.
If you knew how to remove the head you would be able to clean it with an ultrasonic cleaner and suitable solvent.
However you would have to be braver than I am.
Replacement heads for the 2100 are pretty expensive at £75 from AliExpress in china.
In comparison many canon printers have very easily removable heads.( no tools required)

You could try doing a head clean three days running. the hours between may soften the dried ink enough to clear the jets.
Alternatively some companies sell solvent that you can inject into the heads rather than use ink.
I have never had much success unblocking Epson heads. Land fill is full of otherwise perfect Epson printers.

You could try doing a head clean three days running. the hours between may soften the dried ink enough to clear the jets.

This appears to be working. 2nd night of cleaning and I'm managing to get a decent print. Haven't tried anything fine yet, but it's looking promising....

It's pigment ink btw. Maybe that's helped?

Last edited:
Back