Converting 12x8 into pixels

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

I am trying to batch resize a folder via photoshop and it's asking me to size them in pixels. I've looked online but there seems to be loads of different sizes it could be. The images just now are 12x8 and 300ppi. Can someone please give me the correct size?

Just thinking is it as simple as multiplying the size in inches by 300?

Regards

Scott

Last edited:
I am going to upload them to dscolourlabs for printing but even though they're ratio 3x2 they want them resized to 12x8 so when I tried to do this via photoshop it's asked for height and width in pixels and I was just unsure how to do this. I couldn't find a way of inputting inches.

You're not being clear. You say that:

So yes, that's 3600 x 2400 px. What do you want them to be after re-sizing?
Sorry i didn't mean they are that size just now. They're straight out of the XT2 so actually i don't know what size they are but they're 3:2 ratio.

Image/resize/image resize

Check constrain proportions

Alter the width and the height will change automatically

Ok, I think you're getting there. In Photoshop you can choose your units - pixels, inches, cm ... but if you're getting 12" x 8" prints and the lab wants a typical 300pixels per inch, your output dimensions should be as I said above - 3600 x 2400.

A little alarm bell's ringing though - it sounds as if you might not've printed before? And if that's the case, there's a bit more to it than getting the sizing right! There's also getting the colour balance and tonal density right between monitor and print. If that's the case, a few 6" x 4" trials might help to test the processes involved before lashing out on bigger stuff?

I've sent them a previous batch but resized them all individually which was time consuming but I've got almost 700 of these for this batch so was trying to do it as a batch and it allowed me to select a folder but then rather than giving me the option of sizing by inches it asked for pixels which I've never used before. Can't find anywhere to get it to change to inches like I can with individual images on photoshop.

The images from the first batch looked really nice and you're right I'm a novice but the staff at dscolour are helping me through most of it.

Thanks for your advice though. I've loads to learn.

Back