Corfe Castle Mist

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
No
I made two trips to Corfe Castle last weekend, a whiteout due to heavy fog on Saturday, but much better mist on the Sunday. Not enough for there to be great light beams, but was nice to finally see it after 5 or 6 previous attempts.

No doubt I'll be back to get much better light and colour!

Corfe Castle Mist
by Stu Meech, on Flickr

STU_3996.jpg

STU_4005.jpg

STU_4006-Pano.jpg

the first picture is a winner, well captured and lucky, but you were there
like the second but for many different reasons

Interesting images.
1st one's rather nice- spooky and surreal, 2nd one is ... abstract :) pretty cool!

3rd and 4th I'm not too sure about. The introduction of modernity (cars and white house) into the frame are at odds with the subject matter. (I'll take my art critic hat off now)

Love that part of the country.
Lyme Regis is our go to place for a relaxing holiday and I spent almost every year as a child at Swanage and Studland.

Cracking shots Stu.

I must get down that way with the gear sometime.

Terry.

Great work here, I think the first is the best. I took some photos of the castle in fog a couple of years ago, and it was the single most stunning scene I've seen in my life. The moment the sun came up over the village and lit the fog up like fire, with all the tops of the buildings poking out. Really something I'll never forget.

Lovely set :)

I like all three. Having never been there, #3 gives me some perspective.

Sorry but No.2 for me only I'm afraid. In the immortal write up from the teacher, can always do better :coat: . I think it just proves how difficult it is to get a shot your happy with, however much you plan it.

Not keen on 3 and 4. Number two is different, and I do not mean that in a negative way - I like it, but the first is excellent.

Dave

They all have different but certain charms…

Lovely set, but the first is the real stand out.
Ethereal.

the first picture is a winner, well captured and lucky, but you were there
like the second but for many different reasons
Thanks. Lucky I had mist that morning, not so lucky when I didn't have it the day before!

Unreal Stu, an iconic location, really well captured. I like the subdued pastel colours. Must be a spectacular place to watch the day break
Thanks. Yes it was so nice to see it surrounded by mist after seeing so many shots, but never having seen it with my eyes.

Interesting images.
1st one's rather nice- spooky and surreal, 2nd one is ... abstract :) pretty cool!

3rd and 4th I'm not too sure about. The introduction of modernity (cars and white house) into the frame are at odds with the subject matter. (I'll take my art critic hat off now)
Thanks. Yes I'm not so happy with 3 or 4 either, but nice to have them seen and not gather virtual dust on the mac.

Love that part of the country.
Lyme Regis is our go to place for a relaxing holiday and I spent almost every year as a child at Swanage and Studland.

Cracking shots Stu.

I must get down that way with the gear sometime.

Terry.
Cheers Terry. A bit of a trek from Lyme Regis but I hope you get down to the purbecks soon.

First shot is superb Stu, not keen on the others if I'm honest tho.
Thanks Neil.

Great work here, I think the first is the best. I took some photos of the castle in fog a couple of years ago, and it was the single most stunning scene I've seen in my life. The moment the sun came up over the village and lit the fog up like fire, with all the tops of the buildings poking out. Really something I'll never forget.

Lovely set :)
Thanks Carl. I so wanted stunning light backlighting through the castle/village but not to be on this occasion.

Thanks!

I think the first two are great, no need to rush back.
Thanks, I no doubt will though next time I am here with mist forecast!

I like all three. Having never been there, #3 gives me some perspective.
Thanks.

Sorry but No.2 for me only I'm afraid. In the immortal write up from the teacher, can always do better :coat: . I think it just proves how difficult it is to get a shot your happy with, however much you plan it.
Yes, always the way. And I believe there isn't such thing as pefection in photos! I'll keep going back, and they are good bankers for now.

Cheers!

Not keen on 3 and 4. Number two is different, and I do not mean that in a negative way - I like it, but the first is excellent.

Dave
Yes I am drawn to 2 alot, I do like it.

2 and 4 work best for me, Stu: 2 for the relative simplicity, 4 for the sense of depth in the image.

Very nice.
Thanks mate.

The last shot for me. Very atmospheric
Yes I like the last little bits of mist and diffused light in 4, too.

They all have different but certain charms…
Cheers!

All good shots,must try and get back there sometime
Thanks. Hope you can get down there soon.

Great atmosphere in all but 1 is a sure fire winner.

Gaz
Thanks!

No 1 for me Stu out of a lovely set I just love the pastel colours.
Thanks!

Lovely set, but the first is the real stand out.
Ethereal.
Thanks!

Very nice set No1 is special.
Thanks!

Stunning set. Ethereal, I think, is the word.
Ethereal is a good choice of word!

Some lovely images. #1 is the stand out image though with some nice muted colours
Thanks.

I really like this - the mist really does add to the atmosphere of the photos.
Cheers!

Just to be awkward I will comment after you put that reply together!

Love the first one, I have also been here waiting for no mist...

Just to be awkward I will comment after you put that reply together!

Love the first one, I have also been here waiting for no mist...
Haha there is always one who posts straight after I think everyone is done! It's like a drug this location...
Very good set, but the first is magical, you really struck gold that morning.
Thanks very much. It was great to see.

A great set, the first is an absolute stunner, as is the third.

Back