Corfe Castle

Yes a great place. You did better than me. I only managed to get a quarter of the way up lol. The train ride back to Swanage was also really something to remember likewise the fish and chip supper.

Never mid the dickie heart, it's images like this which take the breath away!
Love it.

Yes a great place. You did better than me. I only managed to get a quarter of the way up lol. The train ride back to Swanage was also really something to remember likewise the fish and chip supper.

Thanks Treff, but no fish and chips for me!

Never mid the dickie heart, it's images like this which take the breath away!
Love it.

Haha cheers Paul !

Beautiful indeed.

Thanks Rudlin !

Fantastic mood captured.

Thank you Ben!

The view is indeed lovely - you did better than the grand old duke. :)

If I may crit a little, the top of the highest parts of the ruin seemed darkened, perhaps by a grad, compared with the rest of the stonework, and there's a couple of bright objects far left that seem to catch my eye away from the centre that could be easily cloned out.

The view is indeed lovely - you did better than the grand old duke. :)

If I may crit a little, the top of the highest parts of the ruin seemed darkened, perhaps by a grad, compared with the rest of the stonework, and there's a couple of bright objects far left that seem to catch my eye away from the centre that could be easily cloned out.

Indeed, and I take your points, Sir!

"Excellent" work Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

I have to go against the grain and say I think you could reprocess this in a more refined way - I think there would be a lot to like. You've pushed the blacks, contrast and clarity too far in this for my tastes. It would also benefit from a crop from the left to remove those objects at the edge of the frame. The general composition is good though and the long exposure effect is interesting, it's different to most of the shots you see when it's a misty morning

I have to go against the grain and say I think you could reprocess this in a more refined way - I think there would be a lot to like. You've pushed the blacks, contrast and clarity too far in this for my tastes. It would also benefit from a crop from the left to remove those objects at the edge of the frame. The general composition is good though and the long exposure effect is interesting, it's different to most of the shots you see when it's a misty morning

I'd agree with that.

The composition and lack of mist is a great plus to me. Then again I don't much care for mist and fog, either in photographs to be out and about in.

Making the image with as high a black point as this doesn't make it moody, atmospheric etc, it just makes it dark and in this case rather peculiar to look at. I think, although with it processed as such, its hard to tell, that you've got the edges of some house/light bits of roof on the lhs. Might be worth cropping that out

Thanks for commenting. As you say, it's not to your taste, and it would be a sad world if we all agreed on things. This rendition could have ended up many different ways, but, this is the one I finally settled upon in the end. Frankly, it's not a traditional LS, it's more an interpretive LS. (as opposed to something attempting to capture reality (whatever that is). In doing so I've tried to show the light and the sky as sympathetic to the Castle ruins and the mood empathetic to the 'romance' of the place. I could see this image working well for a computer game or fantasy novel cover for instance. But no, not to everyone's taste, and that's fine.

I'd agree with that.

The composition and lack of mist is a great plus to me. Then again I don't much care for mist and fog, either in photographs to be out and about in.

Making the image with as high a black point as this doesn't make it moody, atmospheric etc, it just makes it dark and in this case rather peculiar to look at. I think, although with it processed as such, its hard to tell, that you've got the edges of some house/light bits of roof on the lhs. Might be worth cropping that out

One man's meat is another man's poison, eh Steve? Do agree however on those annoying bits on the lhs, they will have to go. Thanks for dropping by and commenting.

Back