Undecided Corfe castle

West hill is opposite. Opposite the visitors centre is a side road with parking off the road on the right, not sure if this is free or not but if you go past this go over the bridge there are 3 spaces on the left marked by dotted lines. These are free. 20yds further up the road is a gate onto West hill, more or less go straight up the hill using the steps, you can see from the gate. About 2/3rds up when the steps run out you will be at a level view point. Sun will rise either behind or slightly right of the main tower. Fortunately or Unfortunately i checked the cloud cover and didnt get up for sunset, a tog i bumped into didnt, got up at 4am and drove for 2 hours to find extremely low cloud cover. Got some nice shots when the cloud cleared around 11am but not special.

I have seen a view point that looks like its from round the other side of west hill nearer the main road but didnt have a chance to find out how to get there
The road in from weymouth direction has a nice view looking up to the castle but didnt get chance to check out where I could stop and setup.

Just had a look at google maps for the alternative view, if you take the route up west hill as above, carry on up the hill to the gate you can see - follow the path straight up from the end of the steps. at the Gate go right, this looks to be around the top of the hill in an anti clockwise direction. There might be a path straight up from the visitors centre but couldnt tell you where it starts and how steep, The west hill routs takes 5 minutes to get to the end of the step and maybe 5 more to the top.

Just had a look at google maps for the alternative view, if you take the route up west hill as above, carry on up the hill to the gate you can see - follow the path straight up from the end of the steps. at the Gate go right, this looks to be around the top of the hill in an anti clockwise direction. There might be a path straight up from the visitors centre but couldnt tell you where it starts and how steep, The west hill routs takes 5 minutes to get to the end of the step and maybe 5 more to the top.
Thank you I'm stopping at puncknowle so only 40min trip .so hopefully will go either sun or Mon..

East Beach at West Bay near bridport as the harbour wall with a nice rock collection. from there to weymouth is chesil beach, none along there.

Weymouth has a harbour wall by the Nothe and a small rock groin near the skate park
None im aware of from there to Studland as the coast is all cliffs, natural beaches and rock pools at low water

Osmington has some nice rocks at low tide but they point to nothing spectacular and not out to sea but along the coast. Ringstead might have a slipway and few rocks.

Best rocks would be around the kimeridge bay area, i have pictures from a kid of a loverly plunging rock from Hobarrow bay round the corner from kimeridge but its completely out of bounds now due to the MOD not clearing it for access

East Beach at West Bay near bridport as the harbour wall with a nice rock collection. from there to weymouth is chesil beach, none along there.

Weymouth has a harbour wall by the Nothe and a small rock groin near the skate park
None im aware of from there to Studland as the coast is all cliffs, natural beaches and rock pools at low water

Osmington has some nice rocks at low tide but they point to nothing spectacular and not out to sea but along the coast. Ringstead might have a slipway and few rocks.

Best rocks would be around the kimeridge bay area, i have pictures from a kid of a loverly plunging rock from Hobarrow bay round the corner from kimeridge but its completely out of bounds now due to the MOD not clearing it for access
Cheers m8 west bay sounds good

I shot Corfe from the West hill, the East hill & the main road looking west back in the summer.....

Turn right off of the main road just as you approach the Castle & there's loads of parking on the right. West hill is along the road & then up on your right hand side. West will shot into the sunrise, East hill you'll be shooting with the sun behind you. Either or. Or both!

Swanage was crap!! They were doing building/repair work on the main pier so couldn't get to the old pier & if you could you couldn't get a photo of it. This may have changed since August.....

I shot Corfe from the West hill, the East hill & the main road looking west back in the summer.....

Turn right off of the main road just as you approach the Castle & there's loads of parking on the right. West hill is along the road & then up on your right hand side. West will shot into the sunrise, East hill you'll be shooting with the sun behind you. Either or. Or both!

Swanage was crap!! They were doing building/repair work on the main pier so couldn't get to the old pier & if you could you couldn't get a photo of it. This may have changed since August.....
Cheers m8 really appreciated

Back