Corgarff Castle

Two "Excellent" and well presented shots, nothing more to be said.

George.

The 2 perspectives are interesting, and one would not imagine it to be surrounded by hills from the first shot.

That looks a really bleak place, and the word 'borstal' comes to mind.

I really like the way the tone of the outer wall separates it from the landscape in the second. I'm a bit undecided about the foreground trees but I understand that it might not have been possible to get a shot without them.

I really like the way the tone of the outer wall separates it from the landscape in the second. I'm a bit undecided about the foreground trees but I understand that it might not have been possible to get a shot without them.

I remember visiting here on a school trip many (many) years ago when there was an uninterrupted view of the castle.
Since then, trees have been planted and like a few other iconic Scottish viewpoints, Loch Garry viewpoint for instance where the Loch looks like a map of Scotland, in the not so distant future these views will be obscured by trees :(
I had to clone out the top of one of the trees in this shot because it covered part of the castle.

I can always dig my drone out and shoot the scene from a higher perspective ;)

Lovely shots that capture the isolation. I think I visited this place many years ago and have never been able to remember the name of it nor where it was. A castle that looked like a house in the middle of nowhere. One person manned it and gave us a torch to look round. Will look it up again now [emoji4]

Back