Cormorant fishing (graphic content)

Edit My Images
Yes
There were two cormorants, both looking for diner. One of them caught a big one and the other fought for it. But they both lost the fish in their fight.
Then they went back fishing and caught one each (one bigger than the other)

All shot on A7RIII+200-600G

48963794832_64eba2a6d0_b.jpg

48963784647_29716dd012_b.jpg

48963048248_dd6c5e8885_b.jpg

48963041068_a11d05a1bb_b.jpg

48963034988_7cdc56b04f_b.jpg

48963584786_aca91d6e8e_b.jpg

48963576431_4cceccdafe_b.jpg

48963569601_b8db1fa4b8_b.jpg

Thats a fine pike that is eating

Bloody hell , how did it swallow a Pike that size ?????

Great set ! Seen them swallow some monster fish but even if they to big they have a good go :)

You have really well caught is grumpy nature! What a grumpy looking bird. Could be smilling with such a big lunch!

Thats a fine pike that is eating
Indeed, a dinner and a half :D

Holy s***.
That's an amazing sequence.
Well captured.
Thank you very much :)

Bloody hell , how did it swallow a Pike that size ?????

I too wondered as I looked through the viewfinder. But the fish went down easily without much effort once it was dead.

Great set ! Seen them swallow some monster fish but even if they to big they have a good go :)

Thanks! When it caught the fish for second time and started to swim away I thought it would go to the bank and eat it in pieces but no it just swallowed it whole!

You have really well caught is grumpy nature! What a grumpy looking bird. Could be smilling with such a big lunch!

Haha! May be they look the same happy or grumpy ;)
Thank you for looking and compliments

Superb series, great detail.
Good to see Pike getting their comeuppance...

One predator lunching on another , something about that … Great set of story telling photos .

Nice!

I'm on the lookout for a good long lens as I saw a local heron chowing down on a small pike the other week. You'd not think a bird could swallow one but boy do they swallow them!

Superb! #4, #15, #20, are my favourites and are standout in my opinion.

Brilliant set of shots.
thank you :)

Superb series, great detail.
Good to see Pike getting their comeuppance...

its always the fish that gets it in my shots ;)
Thank you :)

One predator lunching on another , something about that … Great set of story telling photos .
Cheers! :)

Wonderful set of images :clap:
thank you :)

Nice!

I'm on the lookout for a good long lens as I saw a local heron chowing down on a small pike the other week. You'd not think a bird could swallow one but boy do they swallow them!
Yes herons and also egrets are all after the same fish. I once saw a heron swallow a whole frog! too bad didn't have a camera and lens handy at the time.
You should go for it, get yourself a nice telephoto. its great fun :)

Superb! #4, #15, #20, are my favourites and are standout in my opinion.

Thank you Robin! #22 is my favourite because you see that since drop of fishes blood drip.

Excellent series - I have watched a cormorant catch a pike that appeared to be somewhat too large to handle, but it just kept slapping it on the water to stun/kill it before attempting to swallow.

Back