Cormorant

… hard to beat a good take of a girl
even if it is a cormorant! (y)(y)(y)

Very nice Mick.

Much of a crop or pretty much FF?

Cheers Wez they were quite close and so yes as near to FF I could get without attaching TC where It would have been overkill and loss of detail no doubt? Untouched D810 images are 7360 × 4912 pixels and these are all 4500 x 3000 + images after cropping

#2 I just can never get over how prehistoric these look. from the scale like covert's to the reptilian looking legs.

Brilliant capture (y)

Lovely shots Mick, great low POV and detail throughout. My first thought was they look quite brown, but I had a quick google and it looks like the juvie are this colour, do you think thats the case here?

Mike

Lovely shots Mick, great low POV and detail throughout. My first thought was they look quite brown, but I had a quick google and it looks like the juvie are this colour, do you think thats the case here?

Mike

Cheers Mike, yes I think it must have been a juvenile, there are some resident cormorants at a nearby lake and these could be the young ones finding there own patch perhaps?

Another landed briefly while I was photographing this one again more brown than black of the adult counterparts?

I took this last year on the same branch and the difference is quite obvious as you say in the colour!

Hanging out to dry, a cormorant drying it's wings in between fishing trips by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Back