Cormorant

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_1895.jpg

Pleased with how this has come out. It's taken a few attempts to catch him as every time I get within range he heads under water and pops up somewhere else.

Taken on a Canon EOS4000D with EF 75-300mm lens @ Pen-Y-Fan Pond in Blackwood, South Wales

Yup, your patience has paid off :) ........a nice variation on the kingfisher sitting on the 'no fishing' sign.

Just a pity that its head is so close to the top of the frame.

Yup, your patience has paid off :) ........a nice variation on the kingfisher sitting on the 'no fishing' sign.

Just a pity that its head is so close to the top of the frame.

Not an issue Bob - :)

My quick 2 min edit for @ComeOnCounty - Hope you don't mind? lifted the shadows on the bird and added more water to the top of the shot

y5oW92d.jpg

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys for the comments. @Box Brownie I'll try to remember the framing next time.

And @Lez325 Thank you for the edit. It looks so much better, I'm struggling to find the time to really have a go at learning editing at the moment. But that really makes the bird stand out

Not a problem Gareth - we all start somewhere mate :)

I think I used to see a customer on the Pen-Y-Fan industrial estate and had no idea that large pond/lake was there.......heh ho.....as was often the case when on business away trips, I rarely/never got the chance to enjoy the places I visited :thinking: :confused:

Back