South-West England Cornwall coastal locations

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
im staying near Rock, Cornwall in April for a few nights, looking for accessible rocky beaches for evening shoots...wondered if anyone has any recommendations?

Thanks
Neil

Trebarwith Strand isn't too far away but check the tides.

"Rocky" beaches ??

um, well, not sure exactly what you want but Bedruthan steps are only the other side of Padstow, that's got rocks and beach, in fact most of the coast is rocks and beach

Rock itself is quite accessible, Trebarwith as Nod says, then Polzeath. A lot of the beaches between Padstow and Newquay are accessible, Bedruthen the cliffs are accessible but the beach requires lots of steps. Porth beach you can take your car onto, so nothing more accessible than that. Mawgan Porth is a minute walk from the car park. My personal favourite and very accessible is Porthcothan.

Thanks all, have been planning my trip so hopefully will be able to take in some of the suggestions. Much appreciated.

im staying near Rock, Cornwall in April for a few nights, looking for accessible rocky beaches for evening shoots...wondered if anyone has any recommendations?

Thanks
Neil
If you are planning to take the sunset as part of your evening shoot, it's worth checking Photographers Ephemeris to find out the time and position of the sunset.

Check for when the tide is at its heighest before you go. Then you should get some great sea action shots against the rocks

Portcothan is good. If the tide is out you can go down to the end of the beach and shoot seascapes capturing the rocky island.

Be careful though, the tide can come in rather quickly (I got rather wet rescuing my camera last month!!)

Back