Cosford 2015 - New Photos Added

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a few of the ones I've processed so far from Cosford this year. I struggled with the light and a new lens I wasn't so familiar with but generally happy with these.

1. F16 Falcon
18835410162_d9413f504c_b.jpg

2. Catalina Flying Boat
18220129543_69ebdffb4b_b.jpg

3. Red Arrows and BBMF

I'd love to process this better given its the Red Arrows and Spitfires! (I know it's not the best shot but if I was 10 again I would have exploded with exceitement at that point). I realise I'm limited with what I captured at the time but if you've got any tips on processing this to get it better please let me know.

18652192768_22cb526301_b.jpg

4. Spitfire Landing

Should have had a lower shutter speed here, but was slowly building confidence at bringing down and getting an acceptably sharp shot.

18788217686_0ae33a2ae4_b.jpg

I was there and given the general conditions throughout the day, I think your shots are perfectly fine. They all portray a sense of motion with the prop blur on the Spitfire & Catalina & the smoke trails on the F16. Plus they're all in focus. Well done....

I'm far from being an expert but if I was to process the Red Arrows shot, I'd be probably looking at lifting the exposure slightly to brighten the sky and then a small Shadow's boost with maybe a slight tweek in saturation & contrast. There's not really much else you can do with it given the low grey cloud cover and flat light, but hey those are variables that are out of your control.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments Ashley - there's a fair few that went in the trash to get the in focus ones I put up. I'll give your suggestions a try on the Red Arrows shot and see what happens.

Looking forward to trying again next year!

Thanks Jason, I appreciate the comments. The Blades flying with the 727 really showed the size of the thing, I thought their Extra's were large, but they looked like toys compared to that!

Great set (y)

Back