Midlands Cosford Airshow

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
No
First time visiting this year for me. Any tips would be gratefully appreciated. I know I need to be there early, Any other advise on where to be etc.?

Cheers

If you want a crowd-centre, front row seat you need to be in the base very early and then bag your spot and stay there. If you get in a bit later, or want a look around the hangars and stalls before the flying, you can get nearer the front at the ends of the runway, especially crowd left. You’ll need decent reach, lens-wise. I use 150-600 on a D750. The light/sun position improves as the day goes on. Faster jets base at RAF Shawbury and fly in for the show as the runway is too short at Cosford but static shots of the smaller jets and props are easy to get.

Take your own food and drink as prices onsite are fairly expensive and the queues can be quite long. Bogs are plentiful and usually kept pretty clean.

Don’t rush off after the flying ends as queues back to the M54 are long and slow moving. You can watch the aircraft depart after the show ends or wander around the stalls.

HTH.

Back