Cosplayers

Name
Michael A. Sewell
Edit My Images
No
I had a look for any previously published threads regarding Cosplayers, but couldn't find any.
If this transpires to be a duplicate, I apologise.

These were taken at Stars and Cars Event, Chorley, at the start of April.

Tie Fighter Pilot

TiePilot.jpg

Heavy Gunner

HeavyGunner.jpg

Scout Pilot

ScoutPilot.jpg

Boba Fett

BobaFett.jpg

Darth Revan

DarthRevan.jpg

First post looks like the 99th garrison crew.

Nice set, I usually have to shoot them among the crowds unless I'm lucky.

First post looks like the 99th garrison crew.

Nice set, I usually have to shoot them among the crowds unless I'm lucky.

We were set up with a grey background, printing on site with the proceeds going to Derian House Charity.

Nice work. Did you do the composites on site too?

No, no time really. We were extremely busy.
All images had basic tweaking, as seen in the Darth Revan image. Although that has had further work after the event to enhance the light saber.

Last edited:
These are fantastic - love Boba! I've only shot cosplayers once - at a LARP event - it was good fun.

I have to agree on the fun bit.
If I were to be honest, doing the conventions and photographing Cosplayers has put the fun back into my work. I don't feel like I'm just a shutter monkey for a client.
This sort of thing feels more like it's for me, although the Cosplaers benefit ultimately.

A really nice set of images and the post production really adds a more convincing aesthetic to the overall images.

I have to agree on the fun bit.
If I were to be honest, doing the conventions and photographing Cosplayers has put the fun back into my work. I don't feel like I'm just a shutter monkey for a client.
This sort of thing feels more like it's for me, although the Cosplaers benefit ultimately.

The good thing about cosplayers is they will always want their photograph taken :)

The people must be so pleased with these images. Lovely photos of amazing costumes.

Thanks Jay.

Thay're a great bunch of people, and they do so much for charities, it's quite humbling

Great set, any tips for photographing the cosplayers when just walking around, I'm going to my first comic con event this weekend.

If you can manage to find a space with a fairly neutral background, or at least not too much distracting "stuff", then give them a little time to settle in and strike their favourite pose.

I got on great, I've a post in the people(images) section with a selection of images taken at it. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the tips.

You're welcome

I've just been across to have a look at your thread. What a cracking set of images. Really, really good.
Well done ;)

Nice set but tie fighter pilot has gotta be my favourite, both costume and background too.

Back